Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OR
Just curious... was it a slow and steady buildup, or did it strike fast and hard?

Personally, mine felt more like an attack that anything. One week it was severe forearm pain, the next couple weeks it hit my legs and back, and then I hit rock bottom. Went from 100% health to game over in less than a month. I don't even have tender points yet! (maybe they just need to catch up).

I feel like this is kind of odd though... what are your stories?!

Welcome to the forums and it was a gradual thing that has gotten worse over time.

Mine started with mid back pain in September 2013. Then numbness and arm psin came in November then leg pain and more numbness in various areas now

Mine started out slowly with more (MS), like symptoms like numbness and tingling, leg weakness and strength problems. Then the pattern included mouth and eye problems, thinking problems and then the severe pain in all the trigger areas. But even as I managed the pain to some degree, it was the muscle weakness that did me in and made me have to stop working. You can do housework with pain and even with brain fog, but when you muscles are too fatigued and weak it is impossible.

I had hoped to get new job training, but the brain fog which is bad, becomes much worse when trying to learn new things or where stress is high, like on the job training. Fibro is a taker not a giver of hope. :)

Mine wasn't gradual at all. I might be exaggerating a bit (perhaps I ignored it more than I should have?) but it seemed to me that one day I was fine and then a ton of bricks just fell! Pain all over with no discernible pattern, pain that spread and jumped around randomly. It's hard to explain, but it was definitely sudden and a hard hit kind of thing.

Good question, I've never had to chance to really think about this much. For me, it started out as discomfort in both of my calves. It gradually progressed from discomfort to burning pain. At night I would hardly sleep because I could never get my legs into a comfortable position for longer than a few minutes.

Interesting.. that sounds similar to mine. Have you had any other symptoms since besides pain? Are you still in a lot of pain?

Well several things happened in my body before the fibro started. First of all at age 26 I was diagnosed with 2 herniated disks and degenerative disc disease. Then from having so much pain all the time I started having sleep problems and got a sleep disorder where I would never get into deep sleep and would wake up every hour on the hour. After 6 months of this I started taking a sleeping pill. I went off the sleeping pills after one year, just didn't want to be on them anymore.
I then had an infection in my hip that made it hard to walk and also tendonitis in my right ankle for 6 years. So all of this seemed to take a toll on me. I started getting numbness in my arms at night time. And then had pain when anyone touched the skin on my legs or arms. Then I would wake up and it would feel like elastic bands were rapped around my arms and legs. I felt like I would have boughts of arthritis. This would suddenly appear and be gone by the next day. I also would get severe fatigue over those 20 years of all that happening. So I think it happened gradually as opposed to happening rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back