Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
NC
I was diagnosed with Fibro last year, but my pain started a few years ago. I dealt with leg/hip pain for two years, went through a couple months of physical therapy twice, saw several doctors and had several tests done. At first it was mainly my hip and IT band, but eventually the pain spread all over. Even now when I have a flare up it always starts with pain in my leg.

I tried a few different meds last year after I was diagnosed (Lyrica, Cymbalta, and Savella). Cymbalta was the only one that helped with the pain at all, but it knocked me out. Eventually, my doc prescribed me Ritalin to help with the side effects that the Cymbalta was causing so that I could take the Cymbalta for the pain and have something to help me function. I really wish I could figure out how to get my body to work, pain free, without meds, but I'm sure I'm not alone there.

In November I finally took her suggestion to try giving up gluten. I've now been gluten free for almost six months, and I'm still amazed at how much that has helped. I still have flare ups probably once or twice a month, but in general giving up gluten has made a positive difference.

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm 36, married, have three school-aged kids, and work full time.

Welcome to the forum, CKinNC! I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. If you look back over previous posts, you'll find a tremendous amount of helpful information. In the meantime, I'll look forward to talking with you in the forum.

I always find it so interesting to hear what problems gluten can cause! I'm very glad to hear that going gluten-free has helped you so much! Is that totally gluten-free, or partially? I know people who have tried both.

Thanks!

I've been trying to be totally gluten free. I accidentally had a frozen drink not realizing that it had malt beverage in it a few weeks ago and it triggered horrible pain in my leg.

This week has been awful though and I haven't had gluten (unless there was some hidden somewhere, but I do check all labels).

I've been trying to be totally gluten free. I accidentally had a frozen drink not realizing that it had malt beverage in it a few weeks ago and it triggered horrible pain in my leg.

This week has been awful though and I haven't had gluten (unless there was some hidden somewhere, but I do check all labels).

From what I've heard, that' a huge issue, yes... the hidden gluten that isn't listed as such. This is so encouraging to be able to see the benefits so clearly! (The pain after getting some gluten accidentally... I'm sorry you had the pain, of course, :!: but it must be comforting to know you found something that's helping!)

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a a pain week :cry: and I hope that it soon leaves you.

Yeah, it does help to have a strong reminder about why I've given up gluten and that it is helping. It stinks, but at least I know I'm avoiding it for a reason.

Hi every one I'm suffering a lot of pain and need some help and support please help me x::-:)-:)sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back