Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
:) Okay, so after a week and a half of taking drugs to combat acute sinusitus and tonsilitus, finally start to feel better only to have my left knee patella tendon start to hurt this past Wednesday. Sitting in bed today with the leg elevated and an ice pack on it....so I guess I post this to say...isn't it enough to deal with the fibro but when other things get piled on top...well ...UGH! Got to laugh about it..

I am 59 years old so I expect my old body parts to wear out now and then but what the heck! I'm staying at my sister's house and am in her upstairs guest room...I've been here since mid March...I knew those darn stairs would be an issue sooner or later....Had I stuck to doing my stretches every day to combat overusing some muscles and not others, I might not be in this boat..

So my sisters and brothers in pain, if you pain levels are good today, I say yeah! if not, just pull out your heating pad or ice pack, down your drugs and watch a funny movie...at least all this rest should make us beautiful....right?!

I love the optimistic tone of your thread, specially towards the end :) I believe that when life gives you lemons you have to find the way to make the sweetest lemonade ever with those darn lemons, lol. I try to do that, even tho last few weeks been awful. But it could be worse!

Btw, I was dealing with a severe case of sinusitis the last few weeks, undiagnosed (useless doctors!) so I know how you feel, minus the tonsillitis... those two together must feel awful! Did you get a sinus headache? Those are awful! Hope you get better soon, your thread made me smile :)

So my sisters and brothers in pain, if you pain levels are good today, I say yeah! if not, just pull out your heating pad or ice pack, down your drugs and watch a funny movie...at least all this rest should make us beautiful....right?!

Sometimes a good attitude is the best way to fight chronic issues that keep plaguing us. I know that it doesn't actually *remove* pain, but I've always thought that being in pain while trying to stay in at least a semi-good state of mind is a whole lot better than being in pain while grumping and being negative and fueling/feeding things like depression.

I think the most encouraging thing I've heard on this was an elderly person who once told me "Yes, the pain is bad in the morning but for me, I try to remember that if I can feel the pain, it means I'm still alive this morning." :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back