Not open for further replies.

Siderea

Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
ND
I don't know if this is related to the fibro or not, but I figured it's worth asking here about it.

I've had a rash that covers the top half of each arm since last November. It isn't itchy, it's just a bunch of tiny red hives. It comes and goes. Sometimes it flares very noticeably, other times it's hardly noticeable at all (but I can feel the little bumps when I rub it.) I have no idea what causes it. I have a lot of food allergies and intolerances, but my diet is about as clean as possible. The rash started about the same time as I started drinking my doctor's protein shakes (I make them myself with many of his powders, all very clean raw ingredients with no added ingredients,) but my fibromyalgia also got into full swing about that same time. My doctor acted a little baffled by the rash, so I've been trying to figure it out through elimination and trial-and-error. No luck yet.

What I have been noticing consistently lately is that the rash is worst right after exercising. I usually work my arms to some degree with every workout, but my focus with a workout is just keeping my heart rate up for as long as I can sustain it (usually 15-20 minutes at a time on a good day.) I don't think that the rash just looks worse because I'm getting good circulation in my arms, because circulation looks red and splotchy on the skin. The actual hives themselves get larger and more red.

I've been wondering if it's possible that it's a lactic acid issue, since studies are saying fibro is overproduced lactic acid. Maybe the acid is trying to push its way through my skin? I don't know, might be a far-fetched idea.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Any ideas?

If you don't mind me asking, what does your exercise routine entail? It could be possible to have a non-food related allergy; ie my aunt is allergic to latex... Just wondering if maybe you exercise with any equipment or over a special mat or anything?...

Also, since you mentioned lactic acid levels, take a look at a thread I posted called 'Found some research about fibro I wanted to share!', there's a link to a medical care study which mentions lactic acid levels, the article is called "mitochondrial myopathy presenting itself as fibromyalgia" it's extremely interesting! My aunt who has the latex allergy (among a slew of other crazy allergies) has mitochondrial myopathy, which I mentioned in the thread with the link..

I too get some weird rashes, but mine happen on the same spot on both my feet, they start out slightly itchy and a pale pinkish red, then within 24 hours turn into almost a bruise but it looks like spider veins, the it just turns into a rainbow of reds blues and purples kind of like a bruise, but it takes months ago on go away. I his has happened 4 times in the past 2 years, always the same spots, the most recent time it took approx 3 months to go away and actually started slowly disappearing afternoon had a sympathetic nerve block done for my lower back /feet/legs... I took pictures of it every day to document it for my Dr's because I knew they wouldn't believe it if they didn't see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back