Reason
Friend
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Idaho
Hi I am curious. Could I get fibromyalgia in one leg and not the other? I attributed the pain in my calf and general achyness to wearing a pair of shoes I wasn't used to for about 4 hours . They were Sketchers tennis shoes, with the gel heel. When wearing them I noticed the difference, it felt like I was Higher, and teetering. That night, I started feeling pain in my calf, It has been a week, and I can still feel it at times. Could this be Fibromyalgia?

Hi there, it could be just wearing new shoes for a long period of time, depending on the design of the shoe. I love wearing the sketchers flat soled shoes and wear them all the time, but each person is different. There is also a soreness that you can get in your lower leg from to much walking or walking on hard surfaces for extended periods of time called The term "shin splints" refers to pain along the shinbone (tibia) — the large bone in the front of your lower leg. This can be treated with ice packs or heat. wearing proper foot wear can lessen the chance of it returning.

Fibro is not normally the result of one symptom, there is usually many areas of pain and fatigue, plus other symptoms as well. Please read through the forum to get an idea of other symptoms of fibro. Good Luck! :)

Hi Judy, 1sweed is completely right. Please don't jump to occlusions! Fibromyalgia is more like a bunch of different symptoms and pain, people with fibro don't usually get pain in one unique place; the pain is usually spread all over. Plus many other symptoms, including brain fog and fatigue. There are many other symptoms, but everyone experiences this in a very different way.

I believe that you typically have pain all over when you have Fibromyalgia. The doctors tend to do the 18 point check on your body to see if you are tender or painful in those areas. It's not an exact science, but it is a good indicator that you are dealing with this particular condition. The best thing you can do to help yourself with whatever is going on, is to do as much research on Fibromyalgia as you can. If nothing else, it will give you a better understanding of what it is and some ideas on how you might be able to relieve some of the symptoms that you are having if you do have it.

Hello,
I m newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and i have been having some trouble with my legs, for the past two weeks they have been numb and tingly, and when they are not numb they hurt really bad, and its been a constant thing and my legs feel really weak. I was wondering if that is common, or if it could be something else. And i also wanted to know if anyone knows how to help make it go away

Nicholekrogs do you have type 2 diabetes? Your leg pain sounds like the pain the diabetics get. I know~ I have it myself. It is called Neropaphty I think. I take Gabapentin for it. The Gabapentin helps it, but doesn't cure it.

I am still having the weird pain in my leg which I thought was from wearing a pair of shoes for awhile. I know now it isn't caused from any shoe I wore has been going on too long. It almost feels like a pulled muscle, but in the same leg, in the front of it, I will get a popping feeling at times, it is hard to discribe. It is almost like a tendon moving out of or into place. I haven't been back to my DR since this has occured. I try and stay away from the Drs if possible. Don't have the money for the co pays, or any lab charges that are extra.
You may want to go find out if you have type 2 diabetes~ and see if that is causing your leg pain. Good Luck

Hello,
I m newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and i have been having some trouble with my legs, for the past two weeks they have been numb and tingly, and when they are not numb they hurt really bad, and its been a constant thing and my legs feel really weak. I was wondering if that is common, or if it could be something else. And i also wanted to know if anyone knows how to help make it go away

You should get your glucose levels checked and go see a neurologist, that sensation in your leg you mentioned sounds a lot like a neurological symptom. Please don't ignore it. Go see a neurologist as soon as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back