Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2011
Country
US
State
TX
Hello All, My name is Chris, I am 54 years old and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about two years ago and it was just because of being a little fatigued and morning stiffness.

I was doing well but then this past January I hurt my back at work and I have been off work while the W/C doctors decide what I need to get back to being healthy, but they then say insurance will not pay and I just have to
suck it up and deal with the pain".

Well I am now finding out that the back injury has triggered my fibro and now I am getting all the fun things that come along with it.

Very weak and achy, tinder points, really bad headaches, Fibro fog (feels like a head cold and hard to focus, feeling weak and shaky, started grinding my teeth when I sleep.

I feel like I am falling apart and must be going crazy, is it possible to feel all these things

Doctor put me on cyclobenzaprine 10mg and tramadol HCI 50mg and also got 4 shots, 2 in neck tender points, and 2 in shoulder tender points. Felt better 2 hours after shots and headache went a way.
Now I have a slight headache but keep a slight dizzy or motion sickness feeling.

Please tell me if this happens, or am I going mad.....

I can relate. Although I've had Fibro for 17 years, I'm now dealing with degenerative changes in my cervical and lumbar spine (I'm 49) and perimenopause that have exacerbated symptoms to include weak shaky arms and legs (worse on left), horrible fatigue and resultant anxiety. I'm on short term disability trying to get all the films and tests completed so I can begin a treatment plan, but the medical profession is dragging a it's feet. I'm now on week #3, and haven't even had a steroid injection. I pray that you and I will both be on the path to feeling better soon. God Bless

NytViolet

Thank you for your reply, and yes! God bless, I know that every person feels different and every case is the same. But I do have my faith and in bad times it helps wonders.

Hi Chris, I am new here and sometimes I think everything hurts except my hair, and
really it hurts too, especially looking at it in the mirror, hurts my self esteem as I am too
tired and so weary to fix it. I have been through the mill with people who think fibro is
in your head and doesn't exist, although i wouldn't want anyone to suffer with this, I do wish
they could just have it a short time to make a believer of them. Hang in there, I have comfort in proper
and I think this forum will be good for us. I don't know how many people feel they are "Nuts" but I sure have.

LOL i meant to say i find comfort in prayer!

To be truthful, yes, it really is this bad. You can safely go nuts here as we all experience a little-or more- nuttiness at times. I have not found any real pattern to this yet but know when trying something new I must give it time. I've had to get a "night guard" to wear on my teeth as I ground them so much from the pain while I was sleeping I broke my bridges and really wore down my teeth! I find magnesium is a great help(Natural Calm) for anxiety, leg cramps and help in sleeping. But more than anything the Lord helps me get through this.

Thank you Ruralchick

I also find that with faith it is less load for me because I trust in him, and I know this is part of a plan. I don't know what that plan is, but I will do my part.

No you are not going crazy. Fibro brings on so many issues, it make you feel like you are going crazy. I suffer from fibro, IBS, migraines, depression/anxiety and back pain from an injury that happened years ago. I find that I still get overwhelmed and constantly frustrated. Just when you think you know fibro and what it is doing something else comes up and it is linked to fibro.

AsYou can see on here there are many associated pains and problems ( ibs for ex ) with fibro.
But although it can be and usually is soul destroying, your state of mind is youy best and worst enemy.
Worst is when you worry, get the mental fog, task overload and frustration/depression in a downward spiral.
Best is when you accept and adapt to the illness, and start setting little tasks so that you can achieve positive results and boost your feel good factor.
I completed a massive task that I had started 10 years ago, by doing i tiny bit every other day..no deadline just plod on until it done. Actually I did have a deadline but decided to do as much as i could by that date and display my work on that day. If you want to see what can be achieved despite chronic pain, depression, IBS, not being able to kneel or bend over, failing strenght in my hands, and chronic arm pain, then look up minilandrover and the link to landrovers live by pixi tv and you will be amazed. I pushed my self mentally and physically and actually feel a bit better for it.
Yes i still wake with siezed up hands, and all my other problems( the list is long) but having a great overwhelming pride and satisfaction in having completed a massive task bh doing it a tiny bit at a time. Only took me 10 years...job was 2/3 done befor i got fibro but the six months of work done despite my illness finnished the job.
Now i have a new approach to any task. Remember we are not rememberd by our failured but by our achievements.not by the dozzen but one by one.
read my poem. "Listen up Tracy"
Hope this helps you re-think how to deal with fibro..Colin

Hello All, My name is Chris, I am 54 years old and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about two years ago and it was just because of being a little fatigued and morning stiffness.

I was doing well but then this past January I hurt my back at work and I have been off work while the W/C doctors decide what I need to get back to being healthy, but they then say insurance will not pay and I just have to
suck it up and deal with the pain".

Well I am now finding out that the back injury has triggered my fibro and now I am getting all the fun things that come along with it.

Very weak and achy, tinder points, really bad headaches, Fibro fog (feels like a head cold and hard to focus, feeling weak and shaky, started grinding my teeth when I sleep.

I feel like I am falling apart and must be going crazy, is it possible to feel all these things

Doctor put me on cyclobenzaprine 10mg and tramadol HCI 50mg and also got 4 shots, 2 in neck tender points, and 2 in shoulder tender points. Felt better 2 hours after shots and headache went a way.
Now I have a slight headache but keep a slight dizzy or motion sickness feeling.

Please tell me if this happens, or am I going mad.....
No you are not crazy. I fell down some stairs outside my house and that triggered it for me. You will have good days and bad days. Just the nature of the beast. Post anytime you need to because we all need to from time to time. Goodluck.

Hi Chris, so sorry to hear about your diagnosis! Let me tell you that most, if not all of your symptoms are very common among people with fibro! I have some of those symptoms as well. Don't worry, you just need to find what works best for you, it's all about trial and error, if a med isn't working then you can tell your doctor and try something new. It gets much better once you find something that really works well for you.

Aww. I am sorry to hear this. You should go see the doctor and ask for more of a serious treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back