Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
When I push myself to do chores I get pain, but I get exhausted like I have climbed a mountain. Then if I keep going to get this chore done I get the sweats and breathless and over all a sick feeling. This forces me to rest. What physically happens to you when you try to do chores? Can you describe the feeling? and the chore you were doing.

I think there will probably be as many answers to this as there are answers to whether other forms of exercise help or hurt. I do believe, although it sounds cliche, that it's different for everyone.

Case in point... I have two friends, each with fibro and each with symptoms just as drastic as the other. But while one is exactly like you described yourself... pain, exhaustion, sick, etc. when doing her chores, the other feels *better* after doing some light things like dusting, dishes, laundry, etc. (Never anything strenuous or heavy, though... that wouldn't be good for either of them, I know.)

I also think it's very important to rest enough... ideally before you're forced to do so by the fatigue.

I feel worse. Sore. Cramped. Exhausted. Legs, Arms, Lower Back. I think my floors get done once every 3 months because it just kills me.

I feel exhausted with extreme pain.

I try to ignore my pain most of the time, excepting when it's in my head or neck or my tummy is too bloated as a cause of this damn IBS! Well, in those moments I truly wish I didn't have chores, lol. Sadly I know I got to do it.... so I just do whatever I got to do and that's it. Yup, nowadays I barely think about it, I just take it from Nike and do it, because if I stop for even a moment to think about it... it'll be harder to actually get to do it.

I feel worse. Sore. Cramped. Exhausted. Legs, Arms, Lower Back. I think my floors get done once every 3 months because it just kills me.

I get the same mostly in my arms :( Not cool at all, but it also depends a lot on the weather :O When it's going to rain it's a nightmare, no idea why. Been like that since I was a teen :O

As stupid as it sounds doing dishes causes me so much pain in my back and shoulders. I can suck up the pain as long as I can do something that lets me move around.

Ugh dishes and lower back pain. I cant stand for long without it since high school even. Know all about that!

My friend who has fibromyalgia finds that she can only work around the house for about ten minutes at a time, before she has to take a rest. She has actually hired a cleaner because she realised that there are many things that she would rather do with the limited amount of energy that she has, so now she has much more time to herself without having to stress. But yes, you will find that you tire easily, and this is something that you need to work to compensate for. Don't try to push yourself too much. Know your limits, and know when you need to take a rest.

Depending on how I feel that day, I can do some housework, but a lot of the time if I am in pain I can't get as much done as I would like to. I'm lucky in the respect that I have my son to help me with chores as well as cooking. I pretty much have to push myself to clean almost everyday because my house is up for sale and so the pressure to have everything looking it's best is very important. On the days when I hurt so bad that I can't move very much, I just have to rest because I know if I don't that I will feel even worse the next day. It's a hard balance to keep up on everything throughout the day, I do much better when I feel good and I am motivated to get stuff done. Unfortunately, those days are far and few between for me.

I feel better while I am doing housework, but pay the price when I stop or the next day muscles are painful. I dont have fatigue, unless I just dont notice it. I dont have a choice except to keep going.

I sound just like a little kid...i do the things I like to do...I like to cook, if I fix a dinner I can't eat until I rest up for about
an hour. So much lower back pain, can't stand at the stove very long at a time. Since there is only me I do exactly as I
please, I try to eat healthy, but that doesn't stop me from having a sub sandwich if I'm too tired to fix dinner. You can
easily fix healthy if it is just raw veggies, fruit, etc. I keep dishes up. The floors don't get vacuumed as often as they should and
the furniture needs dusting right now. tomorrow or Thursday!

Oh and i use paper plates as much as possible, I think if you consider the cost of electricity, hot water and all
dish cleaners, the cost is negligible.
Take care, rest often and don't worry

Almost always when I make the work of the House I feel bad and stressed, duel me the neck, back, arms, feet. So I always keep me away, be calm, relaxed and more. It is the best for me.

Do as much as you can first thing in the morning. I often find that once the computer is on it's difficult to turn off, but when I wake up I don't really procrastinate, so I get it done then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back