Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
I hate to keep harping on the same subject but I really wish I could find a support group in my area where I can actually meet face to face with people. This forum is great but I would like to find a place where I can go and physically talk with people. I sat in my house for 4 straight days and it's driving me crazy. My husband works, my daughter works and all my friends work. All of my family lives out of town. I spent most of the day crying off and on because I am so lonely. I keep telling myself to hang on because my husband is going to retire at the end of October but that seems like a long way off at this point. I am thinking about volunteering but I am trying to get SSD and I don't know if you can volunteer if you receive that. I am and always have been a people person and I have been sitting here for 4 months going crazy. So if I had a support group to go to I could talk to people about my health problems and get out of the house at the same time.

Thanks for listening.

Hi Krista, have you thought about my suggestion? Creating your own support group isn't as hard as you might think :) I personally know people who has, and it seems to be a really enriching and satisfying thing to do. By the way, I totally understand how you feel, having people you can talk face to face about what we all go thru is so important, because if you don't you feel isolated. Hopefully your husband will retire soon :) So hopefully it will be better off for you and you might end up not needing a support group at all.

Yes, I have thought about starting my own group but how do I find other people who have fibromyalgia.

Setting up your own group is the best thing to do, because you might find that there are a lot of other people who just wish they had somewhere that they could talk to people, and are in the same boat as you. With regards to finding members, I would suggest that you put a notice on Facebook and ask people to share it, and also in your local newspaper. Give a phone number for them to ring to register interest, and that should give you a good idea of whether it would be worth doing or not - and if it's not, then at least you will have found some people with the condition who could support you in return for support from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back