Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
GA
I am 43 and just found out that I have Fibromyalgia, I am currently on Gabapentin, and its just 900 mg at night, however, it helps the initial pain that I started out having, however I get new pain. So it is like the pain is shifting, and I do not like it. my RA Dr. informed me of this condition, and I must say to have it in my mid 40's is not pleasant and to top iut off I have an 8 year old daughter and a 35 year old husband, so I have to make sure that I can keep up with both of them.

I have not gained any weight, I have actually lost some weight and I lost my appetite, which was cool with me. The flip flopping at night, and the hip and knee pain, as well as overall joint pain that is just sporadic, is pure hell, I would not wish this on my worst enemy, or would I? LOL.

Anyway it is not easy, but I do not allow myself to give in to the pain, I still work out as much as I can and I just deal with the pain.

Hi there! Welcome to the forum and thanks for taking the time to share your story with us! I'm very glad to read you are coping so well with this! I also try to deal with the pain and do everything I got to do, because well... no one else will do it, hehehe! Some pains are worse than others tho, my neck has been bothering me a lot lately! It's hard to do anything, or at least do it well while your neck is in pain! But yeah, joint pain is awful as well, I get it from time to time... is your worse when is raining or is going to rain? Mine is!

Trellum,
Great to meet you. Well as for the pain and when it is worse, haha was that a trick question? My pain is sporadic, some days less pain and some days more than others, its crazy because when I go to the Ra Dr. and he touches me, I want to punch him. When it rains it seems that I am ok, sometimes, it is weird because at this point I have no way of telling when it will be worse or better from one moment to the next. I do know that the Gaba is making my eye sight much worse even with my glasses on, that will be something that needs to be addressed, I was also told that the Gaba does not relieve you 100% it just makes it better to deal with. I stopped taking it for two nights and I can tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back