Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/2010
Country
As
State
South Australia
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum my name is janine I have had fb andchronic fatigue syndrome 10 years I have not been able to work because of the fatigue and pain. I am married have been for 26 years no children my husband has trouble coping with me as he as ocpd as well as high functioning austism. He spends a lot of time with himself either in his shed with all his stuff or in the driveway so I'm by my self a lot of the time. At the moment I am having a really bad relapse and not coping very well I found out I had scurvy and had a vitc infusion hoping that would make me feel so much better but I am still waiting I'm in so much pain but I do not tolerate most medications every time I try something I get so much worse extreme fatigue where I can only stand for about 10 mins and the pain is unbearable I know I will get through this . Does anyone else have so much trouble taking medication I read on forums people with fb still can take medications but iv small doses I don't tolerate most things I would love to be able to take something for pain that would help. I will take it day by day thanks for listening I hope everyone has a good day Janine :grin:

So sorry you are having such a bad time. It's hard when you have to cope with this by yourself. I am trying to find the best meds for me to, I get bad side effects, right now I am only on Lyrica which is making my eyes really blurry. I no its hard but hang in there. You are not alone! I am not working either which is very depressing.

Thanks for your concern I know we all have to deal with bad side effects from meds I am feeling a little better today so there is hope staying positive

Hi im new to fibromyalgia althou been in pain for many years having fatigue and depression ive tryed many medication's and been violent ly sick and so going down the counciling route with physiotherapy start 6 November so will let you know how I get on , may be you could try acupuncture althou I was also sensitive to this too, but were all different and im in full tim work and finding it hard to cope so space my annual leave out to sleep and recover , so wish you all the best Ps im fed up of trying to cope that I know long for eternal sleep , but im also a single parent so even thats out of myc reach :(

That's really tough! Hang in there. Welcome to the forums.

I don't know how you cope with working as well as a single mother it must be very hard but I can relate with medications and severs reaction I am going to try reflexology but not at the moment as I'm not well enough to get there I also see a therapist We have yo try different things never give up hope you get through your day

Hello & Welcome to the forum - Neen & dark sue,

The pain can be a real downer. There's nothing worse than being at Walmart with a cart full of groceries and suddenly a relapse starts. Picture a 6'2" 300lbs. plus bald dude with facial tattoos leaning over a cart of goods trying to support himself cause the pain in his legs is excruciating. My big butt up in the air and the poor cart doing wheelies cause of my weight on the back-end. NOT PRETTY BUT FUNNY!

I only take Advil & Tramadol for pain. I have a friend who is a nurse practitioner/pharmacist and I discuss everything with her. I'm not comfortable with the current meds that are routinely prescribed and I can't take anything with acetometaphin. I'm hoping Floridians vote for medical marijuana here this November.

I hope you ladies feel better soon and keep coming to the forums for some support.

Have a GREAT day - Ma(x)2

Hello, sorry to hear about the pain and that you have to do this alone. Hang in there and spend time here in the forum. It is a wonderful place for support and ideas. I am very blessed that I have found a combo mix that helps me a lot! But there still bad days and periodically REALLY bad days. Just hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back