Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Arkansas
Hi I'm new. I'm 49 female with 6 and 9 year old boys and suffer from anxiety disorder. My dr suspects fibro but did not do trigger point exam. I just did one myself and found 12 extremely painful spots. What I haven't found on line is if my symptoms are typical. I have muscle pain in arms, hands, legs, feet, back and neck. These range from a cramping sensation to nerve pain, shooting pain and burning sensation on my skin. I also have tension headaches and my legs feel like they weigh 1000lbs. My legs and feet have mild to moderate cramping every time I lay down...is this common? I also have noticed for years that when I lie down I can never get my muscle to relax. Thanks!

You should find a doctor who will do blood work and other tests to rule out other possibilities and see a good rheumatologist to check for tender points if no other disease is found to be causing your problems.

You should find a doctor who will do blood work and other tests to rule out other possibilities and see a good rheumatologist to check for tender points if no other disease is found to be causing your problems.

I have had lots of blood work and exams that are all normal. Do you not feel this sounds like fibro? Today 12 out of 18 pressure points are really hurting. The only other thing I think it could be is hormones or lymes. I've had one lymes test but not the western blot.

I could have literally wrote this post myself. You described everything I am experiencing. My doctor is basically saying it is either the anxiety and depression or my diet. She completely wrote off the notion of a chronic pain condition.

Mine was brought on suddenly nearly a month ago when I was grieving my 12 year old dogs passing due to cancer.

Sorry to hear about your dog Lovely19. I know all too well who hard that can be.

I agree with Lotusbloom in that you need to find a Dr that will run the tests and a rheumatologist to check for tender points. Seems to be a common thread around here in the difficulty in getting a diagnosis. Took me a long time to get to that point and yesterday was my first appointment and a pain clinic. I was given Trigger Point Injections and it really has seemed to help. My fibro was caused by a bad accident a few years ago and they want to start be targeting those areas. Of course I was also given a cornucopia of other medications I'm not sure how I feel about =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back