Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
NJ
I know there is a trigger point on the inside sides of your knees. For the past couple days, the whole length of the inside of my thigh has gotten increasingly more painful. I can't press on my skin, or pull my jeans up over them without it feeling like a horribly sore bruise.. Except with no bruise. In addition to that, if i move in a certain direction in bed, I get a shooting pain in the same spot. SO bad that it will wake me up if i move my leg in my sleep. I have other pain too thats been going on for a while. But that one really is bothering me the most. They told me to do yoga. How am I supposed to do yoga when I cry if my muscles move a certain way? My doctor started me on 10 mg of the anti-depressants for the nerve pain.. so far it is not helping at all. I feel like my family thinks i'm exxaggerating, and i feel so upset with myself. Like this is my fault. I just want so badly to wake up one day feeling healthy and without pain. I'm scared this is going to ruin my life. I think about it constantly. Somebody please talk to me about this, I'm so overwhelmed. I have a million doctors appointments. I just want it to stop.

I have so many of the same feelings as you - I often feel like I have let my husband and family down and that they think I am exagerating. It's awful!

But what we MUST remember is we have nothing to be sorry for!

I have many muscles that are tender as well and many shooting, stabbing pains all over my body.

The complete exhaustion is what gets me down the most.

I hope you feel a tiny bit better knowing you are not alone.

Your not alone , I get very very sore skin back of my arm omg sooooooo sore. Don't beat yourself up ,ask your Dr for some pain pills. And don't be told no. U will need them some days.you are your own best advocate no one no your pain like u do, pls stand up for yourself, and as for family well many many of us feel the same. Just no you have a fibro family here x

You have come to the right place.
We believe you and know your pain is real.
You will have your good day and some bad days.
Try rubbing some CBD lotion on your legs.
Helps me reduce my pain level from a 6 to a 4.
Your family will not understand your pain.
Just know stress will increase your pain level.
The yoga,they want you to stay moving slowly.
If its nerves get the gabby. If its muscles try relaxers.
With understand pain here and we are all here to
Try and help you.remember we are not doctors.
We are just folks that have fibro and want to help.

Stay well,learn, grow,and make informed decisions!

Thank you so much. Even just reading these kind responses makes me feel a little more sane. And Forgetmenot, My doctor refuses to perscribe me pain medicine. I have another appointment with my Rheumatologist in a week or two to see how the antidepressants are helping. SHould I discuss pain medicine with him? I just worry about taking medicines that I will have to be dependent on.

On the plus side guys, My leg pain was really bad last night but instead of rolling around in my bed I decided to take a hot shower and do some yoga. They actually feel slightly less sore today and I feel SO proud because that is the first time I have pushed through a yoga session in months, ever since the pain started I haven't found the strength to work out. But i really put my all into it last night. Even just the breathing helped calm me down. I get so overwhelmed sometimes just thinking about the pain. It makes me scared. I overthink. And i know the stress makes everything flare up. I just need to keep focusing. I'm turning 24 next month. I have my first full time job. Things are going so great except for this damn fibro pain. I don't want it to screw up everything else. I am lucky my boss has been a lot more supportive than my family has been. And my eyes teared up reading these posts. I am so lucky to have found this site, and all of you. I am always here if anyone needs to vent or talk. Thank you so much! Sending my love, and wishes for you all to feel better some day too. <3

I'm glad you pulled yourself up to do the yoga.
If you find something that even gives you 5 minutes
Of relief then keep doing it. You have learned that just
Laying there isn't making it better it just makes more stress.
You said your doctor wont give you the meds you need
For the diagnosis he gave.now that you read this, does this
Sound right to you. Please don't just go in his office
And say I need pain meds! Ask him how is fibro
Treated? What is lyrica? What's the side effects?
If he doesn't know the answers then you need a new
Doctor. Do your research.Rheumatologist should
Be able to at least identity the fibro.ask this doctor
The same questions. Fibro is nervous system related. The nerve doctor is a neurologist. Both those doctors have the
License to prescribe the meds. nerve blockers.
Like gabby or lyrica.these block the signals that the muscles
Send through the nervous system to the brain.
By blocking them it will reduce the pain level some.
They will never block them all as they can't pick and
Chose the messages. Please read how to do meditation.
It will help you. The breathing is a big part of that.
Family doesn't believe your in pain because you look
Fine. To describe to it to them tell them its like
When you have a headache. You look fine.
I also had to have the more unruly ones try
To wear a wood clothes pin. Tolkd
Them you can not take it off. You how long
You can last. They lasted under a minute.
I said but you look fine why did you take it
Off?I told them in have that same pain
But I can't take it off ever! They all knew
What I was going through. They also all
Knew there was nothing they could do to
Help. That scared them. When folks get
Scared they all react differently.

Hang in there. Your doing well and you
Learning how to cope with fibro.
Thanks for joining our clothes pin family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back