DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi all,

I am new to posting here, I have been reading posts for awhile now but just decided to confirm my account in order to post.

I got sick when I was 21 (see my hello post) and now I am almost 24. At first I could grin an bear and I had lots of tests, etc. and it always came back as me being perfectly healthy despite the fact that I feel awful. Over the last year it has gotten really bad. Can't work, can't finish university, can't get out of bed most days, etc. You guys know the drill.

Lately the most concerning symptoms are the extreeeeeme fatigue and heart palpitations/racing heart problems.

I had the heart problems last year and had like 10 EKGs or more, stress test, holter monitor, blood, etc. and everything showed my heart was normal, even on the holter monitor where I made sure I had palpitations like crazy (by exercising).

I was wondering if anybody here gets the heart palpitations, episodes of your heart racing for no reason even at rest? I am on a beta blocker so now I don't feel the palpitations unless they are really big ones but I know they are still happening and they just tire me out. Simply going up stairs will trigger it right now. After having it for 3-4 months last year, it went away, and then bam, it is back.

Now onto the fatigue... I have never felt this tired yet with fibro. I usually was tired and unrefreshed after sleep but never left this exhausted. Every muscle aches at the same time, the muscles feel heavy and very tight. My arms and legs and upper back are particularly bad at the moment. If I do something the day before (I tend to feel good at night, which then makes it difficult to fall asleep) that was too much I guess, even though I don't feel it per se at the time, I feel horrible the next day and sometimes for days after.

I know other people go through similar episodes but how do you cope with it?

Sorry for the crazy long post. I am just very frustrated and depressed these days. I get so few 'good' days anymore and if I do get one or two, if I try to act even semi-normal (and I am very careful) I pay for it big time no matter what for the next while.

I am just afraid there is something else really going on that no one is finding and that after all the tests they are just telling me fibro to make me go away, which isn't working, no matter how hard doctors try to get rid of me. I have been told I am crazy numerous times, told to suck it up, been told they don't want to see me anymore, etc. You guys know the drill.

Sorry, I am done now. I really had to get that out, I have been holding it in for well almost 2 years I guess. Phew! I hope this is ok, I promise all my posts won't be this long LOL.

welcome and thanks for sharing. long or short posts you feel better. thats what its all about here.

the fatigue is part of the pain. your not getting the healing sleep your body needs. it takes 4 hours of sleep just for the healing to start.
get on a set sleep schedule. black out the windows in your room with aluminum foil. try meditation.
i placed a post on how do you cope with it out there.

again thanks for joining!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back