Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
TX
A friend on this site, I won't mention the name. But the initial are: onward&upward.... Lol.
Got me to thinking holistic medicine again.
I went to my near by head shop and they directed me to a product called tranquility. All natural botanical herbs.
This is a smoking blend.
When my pain levels are increasing and my anxiety hits the roof, I used this product and it brings my pain level down and calms me down. I only tell you this because it is working for me.
I did some research on the natural organic herbs and found some to try. I have ordered them today. I will try them and advise you if they are helping.

If you have knowledge on this please post what you know
Works and what doesn't. Thanks for reading my thread.

Well yesterday I received my herbs.
I mixed 3 together and smoked them. It worked to reduce my anxiety.
Now my wife had an allergic reaction to it. I also had a itching reaction.
So now I am trying one at a time. To see if me or my wife have a reaction.
So far I tried one today. Wife is good. I'm still waiting for the itching. Tomorrow I will try another one and tell you how that goes. I'm hoping I find the right on cause less anxiety= less pain for me.

Thanks for reading.

Please be careful about using herbs as unexpected reactions can cause serious to life endangering results for you or your wife. Your itching is also a allergic reaction. Some reactions can cause serious breathing problems. Just be very careful and be safe. Herb sales are not watched close enough to insure that the herbs you have ordered are truly the ones you receive. :)

1sweed. thanks for caring. i am aware of all that you said. i do agree it needs to be said in the post. thanks

if you or anyone has tried some that work tell me what they are.

yesterday i used the passion flower. it calmed me right down. the other two is lavender and skull cap. my wife thinks the allergic reaction she is having is to the lavender and i think im allergic to the skullcap. im allergic to many kinds of xmas tress like pine. all natural does not mean it wont hurt you folks.

at this point sweed im willing to take that risk to get some relief and tell others so they dont have to take that risk. and just because it works for me doesnt mean it will work you folks.

may you all have many good days ahead of you.

Why smoke it? Why not take in pill form? There are some good ones, combos , for stress relief. Passionflower always helps me but I won't smoke it. Also I try to get "standardized" so it's been tested for potency.

thanks for the reply. i dont care for the teas. i havent looked into the pills yet. any advise on which ones work? im allergic to the preservatives in most pills. i just got a new GP and my pain mgt wants me to get on a pill. like zanx. but not zanx. go figure. PM is supposed to call my new GP and talk to her. so far no call to GP and no answer to my msg at PM. they have been closed due to weather. im calling again today.

im now working with a herbalist to make a blend to calm me down when at level 8/9. been that 50 days in a row now. i need anything that will help.

"standardized" so it's been tested for potency. thanks didnt know that. tested by who?

cmetryme: Big hugs for your endurance for 50 days straight of extreme discomfort. Remember that you get more of the herbs potency when you ingest (80%) vs smoking (20%). You could buy your own gel caps and making small doses yourself. As stated before, very little is done regarding quality control for herbal supplements. Did you know over 90% of supplements are now made in china...crazy right? In addition it takes alot of work to find out if its pesticide free as well ,even if it is produced in the USA. Mountain Herbs out of Oregon seems to be a reasonably priced herbal supplier. I cannot recall in previous conversations if you have tried & or are doing mindfulness meditation for chronic pain. It has helped me tone down the pain a notch. Wanted to send you a bit of clarity about zanx/xanax....its great for anxiety (the day of) but and this is a big BUT...it is a depressant as its next day after effect. So if you have issues with depression xanax could make it worse. Cant believe doctors are still suggesting it..It has helped me in the past but once I figured out it was causing more issues in the long run than helping. I took it off the menu a long time ago..

onward thanks for caring.. im so glad i met you! i will check on mountain herbs. meditation is helping when i can get calm enough. i ordered today some more herbs for smoking. she too advised me of tea and the capsules. im smoke first if it helps im try the capsules i make my self. Kratom seems to help too.i just cant take it everyday, 50 days straight.
Xanax: my doctor wants me on something like it, just as you said its a depressant. to our surprise i dont have depression. maybe because i spend so much time crying from the pain we dont notice it.

Im trying so hard to learn what i can and suffering in pain as i do it, that im ready for anything that will help. at this point,if you told me to eat monkey shiiit and that would stop my pain i would eat it 3 squares a day! lmao...

Cmetryme- I completely relate to the NON stop pain periods. That is what drove me to find the mindfulness meditation technique. Getting another cd in the mail this week that is specific for chronic pain and I hope it will take the pain down another notch. Im forcing myself to work with a Styrofoam roller. It is an instrument of medieval torture at first but it is getting better and better. You hit it on the head when you said that the pain is so bad we dont notice depression. I think your on to something there, sure rings true for me. Big hugs sent your way.

onward, i have been using the body blade. the work out is easy and fun to me. it works all the muscles in the body.
no more than one minute in each exercise. you can do simple easy ones or add cardio to the the exercise or in between each.
its working for me.

Right on for the body blade. Ive been on a myofascia discovery program. Utilizing a program that is specific to getting the fascia of the body to stretch & unkink itself. My old technique's of working out no longer help and end up only hurting or throwing something out. Myofascia stretching really makes sense to me since I have no patience for the English Calisthenics aka Yoga BS. I like the body blade concept, it reminds me of the Tragar Massage stretch techniques...Which works well for me also. How many times a week are you working out with the blade?

everyday. some times 2/3 times a day. when i can, a work at home day i cant work out. wife comes first.

How are you holding up with the blade workout? I had to take my whole body workout routine to non existent because once again, a muscle/fascia ,what ever got pulled out of synch. So Im back to slow small movements and self massage journey with a rubber ball. Its the most frustrating part of the fibro for me, every time I get a physical routine down, I push myself alittle bit more and Whammo....pulled/tight/pain for days. Just a pain in the ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back