Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
can I ask what a luopus rash looks like and feels like and how long can it last, I keep getting a red rash on my neck and chest . Comes and goes and feels like mild sunburn.im having a blood test for my vit D and thought I'd ask Dr to look for that to. But thought I'd ask u guys who have it first x

Forget, as it was on my back i really couldnt see it. as it moved to new spots it changed shape. my research showed butterfly shape. it can last very long.
mine in the last 2 weeks have moved to my left arm. not a butterfly shape. it should be round, red, puffy and sometimes itch. yes it feels like sunburn.
what you will need to do is,when its a rash and puffy red the doctor can take a biopsy to check for lupus. i pray you dont have lupus as it is a very painfiul life long thing. you cant really look at the rash and say you have lupus, im told. now my heart doctor looked at the round red puffy rash and told me its lupus and gave me a allergist to get the biopsy. the blood work will be to check your other organs. there are only two meds to treat the symptoms.
im allergic to both of them. they make me drop to the floor and pass out. not sleep! get it checked.

take pictures of your rash to show the doc. Lupis should have already been rulled out before your fibro diag. I started seeing a new doc reciently so i let him run his gambit of tests. Because of my butterfly rash (also migraed all over face and chest and burned), Lupis was something he wanted to rull out. they can look for certain markers in the blood work and listen to your story but its not definative. I was not told of biopsy's. He then sent me to a special rhuematologist who specialized in lupis. she didnt think i have it. yes, thank god, but id almost rather because it seems more accepted than fibro. I dont know what is causing my rash. I assume stress.

Chrispy, have you seen a dermatologist( they did nothing for me)? i was sent to an allergy clinic. they took the biopsy right from the rash.
dont give up on the rash. it will only get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back