Old 03-25-2015, 06:38 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

amrieedy is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: rapid city
State: sd
Interest: I have questions about Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
amrieedy is on a distinguished road
Default Any nurses out there?

Hi I am a recent RN graduate starting my first real job! I have yet to be diagnosed but it is looking that I may have fibro. I have been dealing with diffuse muscle pain for about the last 3 months. I am way to extroverted to not work and really excited to start my new job but have days when I feel a little overwhelmed and defeated because of the pain. Any other nurses out there working with this condition and if so how do you get through flare ups and bad days? I will only be working pat time and mostly 8 hr shifts so I think I can make it work. I could really use some encouragement. Also is this something to share with supervisors or better kept as a private matter?
Old 03-25-2015, 07:03 PM #2 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

LovelyChantel is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Anchorage
State: AK
Diagnosed: 01/2015
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
LovelyChantel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any nurses out there?

I am a nurse yes. I'm an RN too. Great job getting through the schooling. It's such difficult schooling. I am not working right now at the moment. I love nursing though. I haven't been working since the beginning of December. I took time off due to mental healthy and physical issues. But I need a job really bad now as I'm running low on money. The pain does make it very discouraging. Supporting you!
Old 03-26-2015, 01:44 PM #3 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

cmetryme is on a distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: carrollton
State: Texas
Diagnosed: 03/2008
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
cmetryme is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any nurses out there?

amrieedy, welcome, im not a nurse. you do to need to learn what causes your flare ups so you can avoid them.
Please see my two posts, starting a daily log book and what is fibromyalgia. good starting points.
telling someone about your fibro is very hard to do and many dont understand it. not even the doctors. i would never tell my job about it.
if my supervisor asked me, i would say i have some pains(arthritis is more believable) that flare up now and again.Not use the word fibro. just what i would do. learn about fibro and make informed decisions.

Tags
condition, encouragement, flare, job, muscle, muscle pain, new job, overwhelmed, pain, work, working