Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
Does anyone else have a
Lack of ambition? Maybe I should he in the moan groan area Sorry. I've lost my zest. Sure hope I can talk to a professional soon. I just don't care anymore and that's not me. But maybe it's from the cfs.

not me. i wont let this pain stop me. yeah it hurts like you know what. but i will not let the pain win.
moe hang in there please.

Cfs fibromyalgia and others drain us but you can't let it win it wins once you will find it wins more often and easier like cmetryme said fight don't let it win

Depression stress all the moods affect it get out even if just a drive it's a change of scenery and fresh air walk or sit in a park sitting in the house can drain us and our will to do anything also season weather can affect your mood pain will to do anything

Good luck

I know what you mean Moe. I am certainly not giving up and "letting the pain win" but some days it is very difficult to push through the pain, the fatigue, the fog and the isolation that this disease brings. The hardest thing for me is realizing when I should keep pushing and when I need to rest. I believe whole heartedly that our bodies sometimes tell us just to stop - either to rest, or be alone, or to allow our overloaded brains be quiet and still. I think balance is the key, and we each have our own personal balance to find. I think cmtryme' suggestion of keeping a health log is very helpful in realizing what our own balance is. For me meditation has been really helpful. Good luck in finding your balance!

I was raised that resting and napping are all about being "lazy!" There are days when I have no spunk so I am learning to be kinder to myself and my expectations. My therapist helped me realize that I really do a lot everyday through the pain, fatigue and fog. I have to remember not to compare myself to the wild crazy right-out-straight woman I used to be. I hope you find someone to talk with because it really can help put your life back into perspective. Meditation helps keep me centered.

I was called lazy worthless no good all fun

I tought my mind that pain was good to want more

I did so much damage over the years and now my body wants payment

I worked a half day with a crushed right hand and had to drive the dump truck shifting with my hand that way then it was a lever release dump bed same hand

Boss cought me at noon to hard to hide softball size multicolor lol another a water cooled overhead wielder Crain broke dropped the 500 pound wielder and took my shoulder out of socket

I'm not tough dumb yes beaten by words to close to insanity yes now 40 im paying for those and to many others to list 40 I'm loosing my insanely

High tolerance now get it right I felt every tiny bit it was horrible but my mind was messed not to focus plus adhd

Its been a long hard road but I am starting to listen to my body my wife but the past never leaves when it was that bad so there are always slip ups

It's just trying to watch and manage as good as possible

Hi Moe,

totally get where your coming from on lack of ambition. I have been feeling this way a lot over the past year. I find it incredibly depressing as just like you, I have always been motivated person and always seem to have had a goal to go after. I strongly believe it is the CFS and Fibro. It takes over your life and thoughts. I have been seeing a psych and a counsellor. This can be helpful at times, but like they always say to me "Lyndsey I don't have a magic wand to solve this". That is really a let down when they say it, but it is the truth.

Just stay strong as hard as it is to stay strong, and keep praying. I know not everyone on here is necessarily religious or believers, but I believe that god will hear our prayers and gives us the strength to keep going and overcome this. Or at the very least give us the strength to manage living with this illness.

Thoughts and prayers with you Moe, and everyone else tonight. xo

Lynds

Definitely believe in prayer.
I kinda know the Bible, so I talk to my Lord.
I've been hit by some heavy darts. That's for sure. I'll read Job again. That is if I can stay awake. Lol

We are all in different places in our lives, I worked and played and did everything for 40 some yrs....so for me ambition is going to the market, making some healthy meals and I do play bridge. This "stuff" hit me at 61, so I did a lot, but I hear so many being "hit" so young. Why, I don't know. J

I find meditation does power up one's brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back