DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
US
State
Kentucky
Hello Everyone,

I am new to accepting this diagnosis, but not new to the pain. Pain has been haunting my body for over a year now. It seems almost over night I went from running and being a physical fitness star to being in chronic pain that has made me lose my mind a few times. I have been trying different combinations of medications since March this year.
I can tell you Cymbalta is hell! I looked up the symptoms of Lyrica; this is what my doctor wants to switch me to. The side effects are as bad if not worse than Cymbalta. I can't take anymore side effects in combination with the pain I am suffering through.
I, now am seeking alternative therapies that doesn't make me batshit crazy and suicidal.
Whew!
Everything that I used to reduce stress, I can no longer do. I have to take more breaks, walk slower and not as far. I used to be a gym rat, lifting weights, and now....I look at a weight and my brain screams at me!
Sorry, I am just trying to find a light and an understanding eye, since we are writing. :)

Welcome. I imagine just about everyone on this forum has struggled or continues to struggle with the limitations that can come with fibromyalgia. I totally understand the pain, the frustration, the stress and the sadness of losing so many things you used to enjoy.

Finding the right combination of meds, herbal remedies, supplements and alternative therapies is an individual quest. What works for one might not do a thing for another. I take Cymbalta and manage well with it. I can't say it took away all my pain, but I'll take the 20-30% benefit. I've found meditation and yoga to be my best friends. I take Magnesium Malate, B12 and other B complex vitamins, Vit D, calcium, Acetyl L-cartinine, tumeric, flax seed oil. I drink lots of ginger tea as well as a special blend made by a friend. I also take Tramadol for pain. And I take trazadone for sleep because I haven't found anything natural yet that works. With all this, I still fight fatigue and my pain levels (if I think about them) are 4 on a good day. I'm learning to go with the flow and living through the pain. The more I focus on the pain, the worse it becomes. Practicing mindfulness meditation has made a huge difference in managing pain. I am grateful for what I can do and how much better I feel than 2-3 years ago.

Check out the forum. So many folks have lots of idea, remedies and great suggestions. I'm sure you'll find the best mix for you. Hugs and take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back