Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
Hello, I am new here! I haven't been officially diagnosed but my Dr. is talking about Fibro/chronic fatigue. I am wondering if there are people out there who feel WORSE after they exercise. I'm to the point where if I exercise, I hurt SO much afterwards, my legs feel like jello, and my arms get shaky if I use even 2 pound weights. I'm not really that out of shape. My muscles just go crazy if I exercise. Does this sound like Fibro/Chronic Fatigue? I am worried about something worse...

I do also have widespread muscle aches every day even if I don't exercise.

Please respond if you have any insight!

Welcome to the forum....What you are describing is what I go through as well, and many other issues. Everyone is different. My case is pretty severe. My only suggestion is, if you are able, try and push through. Keep yourself in as good of condition as you can. I have had fibro for a long time and chronic fatigue a little less...Keep on your physicians to get an actual diagnosis so that they rule out something else as well. Take care and keep a positive outlook on life....It helps, especially if the diagnosis is fibro and chronic fatigue.... Gentle hugs...

I have the same reaction to exercise. I feel worse if I don't exercise. I make a point of doing something everyday even if it is just walking up and down the hall inside the house.

I use 1 lb weights. If I am not up to it, I do the movements with no weights. Another lifetime ago, I used 8 lbs weights. Live the day.

hello and welcome to the forum.....I just was told in March I have Fibro and I ache everyday. Trying all kinds of medication and I finally decided it was time to start exercising just a little every day. So I did I walk about 30 minutes everyday but I feel so sore afterwards so I understand what you are going through. Thought I would be brave and try going back to my Zumba classes but today I feel really sore and the burning feeling in my legs are terrible.

Keep at the doctor so you can finally find out what is wrong I had to do that for over year and finally they sent me to a speicalist to find out what is wrong.

Happy thoughts and prayers to you that you find out what is wrong and be strong you will find the answers you need. Hugs

Hi there. I had to really modify my exercise with fibro. Zumba is totally out of the question. I've switched to walking, yoga, and stretching. I can't overdo those either. A gentle stroll with rests I am good for over an hour. A heart pumping walk, no more than 15 minutes. Same with yoga. It also depends on how I am feeling. Good days I can do more. I try to do something in the morning and evening. I used to bike, hike, work-out, but that's just too much now. You'll have to figure out your own tolerance levels. BUT don't stop exercising. It's really important to keep up muscle tone and fitness. I really do feel better with exercise. Hope you find a pace that works.
Pat

Hi and welcome! I have the same issue with exercise be it walking or cycling gently. Even gentle stretching in the pool can have adverse effects. I sought some pilates help and have had my range of movement tested before trying the reformers. I found I have good core strength, but my stomach muscles fatigue almost immediately and I start shaking. I was under the care of the physio there and she said some surprising things about the muscle groups that I thought were just gone. Pain and delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) can feel the same or different. I miss the days of doing boot camp at 6am and running up and down sandhills and the beach. I can hardly move now and it seems my pain moves around and amplifies for no reason, hence the confirmed fibro diagnosis. Parts of my body hurt for no reason, like the orofacial pain I experience.

Drew :)

Another YES to the bunch. I power walk 3 miles 4xs a week and it has NEVER made me feel better. I do it more for my anxiety and epression.

My body hurts and I just keep moving it no matter what...

hey we are practically neighbors hangininthere...Rochester, NY= Liverpool, NY (suburb of Syracuse)

Me too... when I file at work my neck and arms are so weak for days :( heat helps and rest - also putting peppermint essential oil in my lotion :)

Yes yes and yes. That's why we pile on the pounds ��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back