Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
VA
I'm a 36 year old mother of 2 little ones. I have just started to look for support groups since I am in the lowest point yet.
I keep getting more and more sick and I am tired....I feel like I'm giving up on ever reaching a comfortable life.
I had a bad car accident in 2010...this is when this nightmare started. Of course I was missed diagnosed because they thought it was just back pain from the accident. I had already been diagnosed as the youngest person with gout...I was only 24.
I've gained 100 lbs since the accident and now I have DM.
I'm in pain ALL THE TIME, ringing in my ears, can't sleep, my mind feels like I'm in a daze all the time.
I think I would not get out of bed if it wasn't for my children.
I haven't been able to work since the accident. I trow my back out with th simplest of chores...
And now the cherry on the top is yet another flair of gout that affected my eye..swollen redness and bad pain. I'm on steroids but I know this will only get things worse.
Did I mention that I am in high levels of cholesterol medications that are killing my liver...on top of it all I am a smoker and have bad addiction gen with a little OCD.
I swear I am a freaking mess!
And to add to my already horrible history...I am (was) a nurse....the worse patient that doesn't follow instructions and likes to take care of everyone else except myself. And taking pills gives me the sensation of being very sick....so I hate meds.
Thank you for reading...this is more of a venting than conversation.
But if anyone is out there who can relate, please let me know.

Yes I do understand as so do many others here.i have four kids ,and every since I had to give up work I have grained so much weight.i hurt the worsed at night I just go so stiff, for me moving is less painful then sitting down. The down side is I can't walk all day long .
I can't cope without my pian killers I think I'd have shoot myself then deal with the pain somedays.atm I have tailbone pain I can't sit I have to lay down or stand up.i also have what feels like broken shoulders. Painful feet and pain down the backs of my legs.i can't sleep without my pills but then I have bi polar to .so I can be hurting like hell but wide awake buzzing and bouncing off the walls.
Today I went on a shcool trip I walked for four hours on and off rides ,but I'm paying dearly for it now.but I'm dammed if fibro will take away all my kids joy.
But it has taken me years to build up to that amont of exciesize .and I no tonight onces im sit still il be staging to the bathroom so stiff that Id make a 80 year old look young.
Get your meds sorted I no u don't like them but there your best mates with this.i seen ppl say about none med ways of coping .but most ppl get to a point they need help.dont wait for this to creep up and get u in bed .the day I end up in bed il go kicking and screaming all the way. Hugsx

Thanks for sharing never worry, we all understand, this is a soft place to fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back