Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
US
State
Colorado
I am so determined to get well, though today I am pretty discouraged. I hate to acknowledge that it has gotten worse this last year. I practice taichi, a very rigorous form of it, get deep bodywork, work with a healer, walk, try to eat well, pray, meditate. I get good days. But then I don't. What is helping you?

Helps....
Movement - some almost every day (bike, walk, swim, yoga...something, even for a short period)
Getting into water- the pool & hot tub are my friends
Stretching is always good
Hydration
Good food (unprocessed)- I eat gluten free (I get quite sick with gluten) and almost diary free
Rest periods - time on the couch as needed. I cook, have teen children, work part time - breaks are important
Good nights sleep - I take ampitryptiline to sleep, my only med (other than tylenol occassionally)
Warmth - getting chilled is terrible
Coffee...the ultimate motivator !

What doesn't help....
Sitting too long, long drives, not moving (tend to cease up)
Winter - I may have to look in to pain killers to get through this year, each one seems worse
Big meals, processed food, too much sugar, fat - sensitive stomach

What I'd like to Try...
Massage....$$$

hello,

remember our bodies all process things differently. you have to find what works best for you.
Northernelf gave you good advice. try to keep moving. pace yourself or you will make things worse for yourself.

I walk every day despite bad mood and feeling of exhaustion, it really helps. Sometimes I dance to feel my body and give it freedom. Meditation is very healing too. To sleep well is the key point. I know that pain may pass for some time, maybe tomorrow or in a few days. Or may stay with me,but I want to enjoy my life even with pain.
That is great that you take care of yourself,never give up!

Zolisindigo,

your giving great advise keep it up. you are helping folks that come here.
glad you joined us!

I am also glad to be here! Will try to share my experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back