Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
AR
I need to go to the post office but my legs think that's a very bad Idea....jerks! I got up, washed my hair, took the dogs out, got the laundry off the line and folded it and had breakfast. Not much right? But now I need a chain saw. My legs must be amputated. My knees are starting in on the party. How do you do this?. How is one to continue on with their life and feel this way? It just came to me. The pain doesn't care. It's not about hard work or pushing thru or sitting on the couch. The pain isn't trying to take over our lives. It's just a thing that happens to you. It doesn't have a mind or an agenda. It just is. I think that's been my problem. I take it personal. Like someone is doing this to me. Like I'm under attack. The only thing thats attacking me is me. But then you wonder why is your body out to get you? I don't have these answer and I never will. What ways do you try to look at it? Do you every feel attacked? Or what about betrayed? I do get that one. I never catch a break. Fibro got me a year and anhalf ago but the ilness was there in other ways just waiting to strike.

Well I don't think about it anymore.its here for life weather I want it or not.
So u just suck it up and battle on.
On bad days I try to remember that this won't kill me,and unlike some poor souls I still have a life.

hannah,

you will get all the answers in my posts.

click on my name. then go to statitics. then click on threads started by cmetryme. they are all there.

read!

1- what is fibromyalgia
2- starting a daily log book and why it helps
3- family member with fibromyalgia

start there then learn.

Early on I worried that I had done something wrong in my life to trigger fibromyalgia. As I learned more about it I came to understand that this is not something I caused. How could I when no one even really knows what makes some people get chronic illness while others don't?

I think your realization that this is not personal is important. I've been an engineer for 18 years now and have often struggled to solve difficult to understand problems at work. One thing that has been hammered home to me is that chemistry and physics don't care how you feel about the situation, or if you make a persuasive argument, or if you don't want to deal with the problem right now. Chemistry and physics just do what they are going to do and it is up to us as people to understand and respond. For me fibromyalgia is just chemistry and physics, like the weather or a malfunctioning machine.

Great way to explain it. We need to be proactive and remember it's not our fault, nor can we pull ourselves out of it by sheer will power.

Yes, exactly! In fact adopting either of those attitudes will make our symptoms worse. It is not useful to us to place blame or deny there is a problem. It is useful to discover the best way to manage the problem. (For myself, it is easier to think of these things in terms of useful /not useful instead of right or wrong. It takes some of the emotion out of it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back