DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
SC
Hey ya'll!
Trying to be in high spirits today but for the past 2 days my back, butt, hips, thighs, and feet feel like I have been brutally beaten. I have to ease myself on to the toilet and it physically hurts to have the pressure of the seat on my butt. I was at the beach a few days ago and drove for 6 hours without taking my medicine and I feel it may be the weather change between beach and far inland.
I am in so much pain I was thinking about going to the ER but I know they can't do anything for me.
Does anyone else feel this way sometimes?

When I sleep wrong my neck and shoulders become incredibly painful, kind of like what like what you are describing. I can barely move. I've stopped using a pillow at all - now when I go to sleep I look like Wile E Coyote after he takes a face plant off a cliff :)

It might have been the 6 hour drive that did it to you, especially if you didn't get any breaks.

When my neck is bad I have a cheap little hand held massager that helps some. Hot pad helps too.

I've been there. It's important to take your meds regularly. Once you start down the slope of not feeling well it is really hard to get back up. You have to be very, very consistent. Even if you feel good, take your meds.

I honestly don't think 500 mg of naproxen once a day is doing anything.. I've been in incredible pain for 6 days now... Starting to feel discouraged

As above post says , missing your mess can really make you hurt.
I was on and still am on amitriptyline.one day I though sod it this is doing nothing and stopped .omg the pain was unreal.the stiffness overwhelming .
Sometimes you just don't no what they are doing to you stop taken them.

Hmmm...I take 500 mg twice a day. Once in morning and one at night. Maybe you could ask about adjusting the dose.

Hey Getemgirl do you think that a nerve blocker would work better or do you like 2 doses of naproxen better? I'm thinking about asking to be put on a nerve blocker instead what do you think?

If i sit in the car more than 3 hour. My body will get beaten also. Take journey in morning only. Dont take journey in the night cause the pain become worst.

I'm still a newbie. Many on this site have much more experience with different meds. I feel very lucky that Naproxen is working for me pretty well. I am very nervous about taking anything stronger. However, I just found out that my mom who has had rheumatoid arthritis for the past 40 years was on a lower dose of Naproxen than me, and she has taken many experimental and dangerous drugs over the years. I think every body is different and everyone's reaction to pain and to pain meds is different. I think you and your doctor should talk it over. You may have to try several things until you find one that works.

Hi Indiana :)
I'm new to this forum/support group too but I feel comfortable here. There are many days in which I feel I've been beaten up. I'll check my arms and wrists for bruises but there never are any. lol That's a good thing tho. A lot of times I wouldn't get to the pharmacy on time and miss a dose of something. Depending on what it was, I could be looking at a few nights of extreme pain. I am much more diligent about taking my medicine on time and not skipping doses.

My pain is ALWAYS worse at night. Sometimes I cannot stand up from the couch or chair. I have to have my husband help me. :p

My pain is always worse at night too! I find myself just rocking back and forth in pain.. when I lay down I get lower back spasms that takeshe my breath away

What medications are you currently taking, other than 500mg of Naproxen?
I know these medications can have more than one name so I looked those up for you. They are: Aleve, Naprosyn, Anaprox, Naprelan. It is "a drug used for the management of mild to moderate pain, fever, and inflammation.".
Hippiechick, I think it may help to discuss your pain levels with your doctor, keep notes of how you feel from day to day, and what you do to relieve your pain, then how you feel after an hour. Sometimes I just sleep all day. If I was busy the day before, then it takes at least one day to recover...by sleeping! Strange, I know, some people just think I'm lazy, which I am, but not sleep for 16 hours of the day lazy. That's just the chronic fatigue, one of FM's best friends. You and I know its other best friend on an intimate basis....pain....the little effer.

Cheryl Ann :)

Link Not Allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
My pain is high level 24/7.... and nothing helps me. I feel like I've been in a really bad car accident from the time I wake up (if I happen to sleep) til the time I go to bed. A constant feeling of "being hit by a truck". Then there is the fatigue. Ugh.

I've tried just about everything. I don't want to get started on pain meds because the ones I have taken make me sick. I have nerve blocks and they are wonderful for me. In fact, it has been the only thing that has helped me. Unfortunately, I cannot afford the outpatient copay (just a thing with my particular insurance) so I don't get them often.

I have tried Naproxen .... about 400mg every four hours. It was like taking tic tacs. It did absolutely nothing for me and my body.... but it may help many others. Everyone is different. With this horrid mess we call fibromyalgia, everyone reacts differently to medications and pain. It is usually a trial and error process trying to find what works and what doesn't. I kept a word document on my computer as to what worked and what didn't. The "what worked" list is very short. lol

My stiffness and pain is far worse at night as well. As the day goes on, I feel my body shutting down, stiffening up, and pain levels increasing. By the time I am ready for bed, I am in so much pain I can't sleep. :-( I do take Zanaflex for restless leg syndrome and stiffening of muscles and twitches and cramps. This does help me to fall asleep....but I do not stay asleep longer than a couple of hours. Very frustrating. :-/

I wish everyone a pain free evening! :)

I went to the rheumatologist and she did a full body exam ( which hurt so bad I almost fell to my knees) she says I may also in addition to the fibromyalgia I may also have psoriatic arthritis and possibly lupus oh and knee damage but we won't know what kind til the 15th... she prescribed me Cymbalta and said it might help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back