Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2006
Country
US
State
sc
I met a Chiropractic doctor the other day and she said anyone with FM, RLS etc. should definitely see a Chiropractor. FYI, I also have RA.

Has anyone tried this? she seemed to think that she could get me off the FM drugs by working on my spine.

Thanks

I would be careful...chiropractors do manipulation......does she really understand fibro. I looked into seeing a chiropractor but didn't go ahead due to the severity of my symptoms.

It depends how badly you are affected and where....what is she promising to change as our spines/posture etc do affect pain in normal people but our muscles tendon and ligaments joints are not tight and painful just because of those things.

Hopefully others on here may have more experience of chiropractic help...i think i read a post where someone said it made them a lot worse so give it lots of thought and do research as i wouldn't want it to make you worse too.

Opinions all vary. My PCP that I just lost because she transferred to the VA system was great - she listened, worked with me, told me about studies etc. When I mentioned trying a chiropractor she said it would be a waste of time.

I've known some people that have tried it and found it worsened their pain, others said it helped. IF you do decide to try it maybe try and find a chiropractor that is experienced with working on patients with fibro.

Hi Krissy,

I've worked been seen by both MDs and chiro. The 2 GPs I've seen don't seem to think I'm worthy of pain relief. (Guess I come off too healthy) Since I seem to get every side effect with prescriptions I haven't pushed it. I am lucky that I found a chiro that really gets fibro. With his help I've found a gut correlation going on with my case. Introduced probiotics, trying some wheat elimination. Pain level has reduced so that is a huge positive. I'm not sure I believe spinal manipulations will solve all that ails us but there's a potential to learn from a variety of sources. I'm reading a very informative book right now. "Fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain a survival manual." It's enlightening, a bit technical but helpful. There's even a section on why a team of health professionals is needed. fibro is a complex thing and baffles many a mind...mine included. It's like life has handed me a riddle and my wellbeing is on the line if I don't solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back