Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
CA
For the past week and a half I have had stomach cramps (mostly right above my left and right hip bone). I hadn't started my period so I thought it was a little strange (I normally only get cramps on day 1 or 2) but still wasn't too worried. Well now a week after my period started I still have the pains, and now they are shooting stabbing pains and getting worse.

Worst of all, I saw the doctor 2 days ago and gave them a urine sample (I had a uti two weeks ago and thought maybe the antibiotics didn't do the trick and that was causing the pain) and he said it came back clear and dismissed my pain as fibro. The shooting pains come and go as I imagine contractions would be. Has anyone else had this? On top of all that I have been sore all over and my chest/neck hurt (my fibro symptoms of the month since they like to hang out in an area or two for a while before moving on). It's been fun. Seriously ready to go to urgent care in the morning but scared they will dismiss it as fibro and I'll be a little poorer and still in pain.

I sometimes get intestinal cramping due to IBS, usually with constipation. I try to counter act it by eating lots of fiber. The cramping doesn't get worselike what yyou are describing.

You could try asking your doctor how you can tell the difference between fibromyalgia pain and pain that indicates something is wrong. Answering that question might get the doctor to consider other possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back