New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

ameliaward is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Portsmouth
State: Hampshire
Diagnosed: 08/2015
Interest: I am being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
Default Dealing with pain and stress

Hi guys I know in new here but thought I would share what ive been trying for a few weeks now

I have a very high pain threshold so for me pain has to be severe for me to kniw I had it
on talking to my doctor and a few friends stress can make you worse so I went about trying to find a way of coping with it x

obviously meds is one but I was put on antidepressants and felt I didn't need them as was stress of pain making me agitated

So I tried meditation instead. For first time in a long time I feel more in control of my pain n stress levels
I found having a five min breathing exercise was good to help me think and reduce my stress and anxiety
I only shut my eyes and count to 4 while I inhale and 4 when I exhaled and after 3 goes I added another one count till I reached 6 and then made my way back to 4 x it did make me focus better

The pain was harder to sort but after 20 mins of meditation I found myself much better at dealing with the pain x

I understand that it isn't what most people like or understand or even have time for (believe me I know about time shortage I have a very hectic household 5 children and the husband lol )
But I thought I would like to share what I have been doing as I don't like my meds and as an alternative ill try anything
Old 10-20-2015, 11:41 PM #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

DK_engineer is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: Newberg
State: OR
Diagnosed: 05/2015
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
DK_engineer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dealing with pain and stress

Thank you for sharing what has worked for you, ameliaward. In a hectic, busy life it is all too easy to forget to stop and breathe
Old 10-21-2015, 04:43 AM #3 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

diamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of light
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: somewhere
State: anywhere
Diagnosed: 01/2008
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
diamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of light

Well done ameliaward.....it is about finding what is right for you. You know yourself better than anyone else including the doctors!
Old 10-21-2015, 06:38 PM #4 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Portsmouth
State: Hampshire
Diagnosed: 08/2015
Interest: I am being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.

Yes definitely always easier to sit and wallow in what I had and couldn't change untill I spoke to more people now I feel more positive about mine and my families future x
maybe some alternative way may help all of us xx
Closed Thread

Tags
age, back, breathing, children, coping, doctor, exercise, good, meditation, meds, pain, stress