Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
ME
:pI've been struggling for quite some time with the meds I am taking for fibromyalgia, major depressive and anxiety disorders. Either I'm getting worse or everything is not working as well. So, I had to make a choice to keep increasing Cymbalta and Tramadol and adding more meds or find a new approach. I'm moving on.

I've found some studies that show that my old antidressant, Zoloft, taken at levels that I took pre-fibro, impacts norepinephrine to some degree as well as seratonin. This is the big deal about Cymbalta--targeting both to address pain. Since Cymbalta didn't do a lot for the psych stuff, I'm switching back to Zoloft, which managed my depression and anxiety well. Hoping that lifting my mood will also help with pain. (I've got a huge taper ahead of me since Cymbalta is a beast to discontinue. Wish me well.)

I'm working with my FNP on supplements-increasing acetyl L-cartinine, maintaining magnesum malate and Vitamin D, and increasing my B-12 injections to twice a month. If I can afford to add D-ribose, I'll add that as well.

Finally, once I get through the psych med taper, I'm going to drop Tramadol for low dose naltrexone.

I'm feeling really good about making these changes that come from six months of research. And it's terrific to have a wonderful nurse practitioner who's got my back.

There's also some good research about the benefits of Tai Chi for pain. So I'm adding that to my regimen along with meditation and yoga. I found free classes at the local senior center. There are some benefits to aging!

So, here's to 2016 and taking back my life. I don't expect miracles, just a little less pain and a lot more joy.

Good for you! It takes a lot of work to keep having a life and knowing what works as we are all different having FMS. I have been having more symptoms and challenges again so back to research to see what I can do make me feel a little better. It is like having a full time job! :)

I like your attitude. I battled cancer 20 years ago and I believe staying positive helped my body heal. I am hoping it helps now with the painful days. I research the Internet for new clues everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back