Has anyone tried muscle relaxers at bedtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaDeb

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
Al
I am in the process of going from doc to doc. I have widespread pain that seems worse in my lower muscle groups. Some days stiffness. I found a relative that was diagnosed 15 years ago. She takes a muscle relaxer at bedtime and is doing fine. I will be going to her doc as soon as I can as this stuff has taken a toll. I find myself just on the couch. Can't take my dog for a walk.

Just wanted to add, the muscle relaxer she uses is Flexiril(?). She also has lupus. I myself have IBS and GERD.

I have used flexeril 10mg in the past but it didn't help me sleep through the night, if your insurance will cover it there is a time release muscle relaxer that works great (for me at least) its called AMRIX, but it does leave you foggy in the am til you get used to it.

I take flexteril when I need it. It helps enough to where I can get a couple hours of sleep. I haven't slept a full night of sleep in years. You just have to learn to take it easy and sleep anytime you can. I always say take it one day at a time. I know that sounds cheesy but it works or me. I don't even make plans because I hate to have to cancel. I hope this helps you some.

Gentle hugs
Brandy

I take flexeril - I find it does a lot to take the edge off fibromyalgia pain. Many people find that flexeril makes them sleepy, but I am not one of them. I feel lucky because I can take a dose in the morning as well as the evening. My doctor gave me Trazodone to help me sleep at night. It works pretty well.

I have taken flexeril for many years! It helps with my headaches that I get from my very stiff neck and shoulders. Sometimes I have to take 2 to 3 times a day if my muscles are stiff! If I don't take it , I will get a headache! It does not make me drowsy, due to I have taken so long I guess. Hope you get some relief and the medicines work for you! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back