Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Has anyone on this forum had to appear before an administrative law judge in order to receive your SSD? If so, do you get an answer that day as to whether or not you get the disability or do you have to wait? If you have to wait, how long is the wait? I have been denied twice so I hired a lawyer and the next step is going through the ALS judge. My lawyer seems to think that may not be until June of this year and I first applied in May of 2014 so that will be more than two years. I don't think I could take it if the judge says I will let you know in 6 months to a year if you are approved.

To answer your question, the answer is yes the judge will give his decision the day of your court appearance. He will have already reviewed your files and doctor statements. He usually wants to ask a few questions and determine if vocational rehap for new job training would work for you. Then after all his questions are answered he will most often state yes or no. Other determinations may come later like SSI & other programs that might help you. I was told at my hearing. If not the wait is not long and your lawyer will keep you informed of any results. Good Luck to you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back