Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
We all suffer with fibro to different degrees and have different lives.

Mine was manageable enough for me to push through and have better hours or days until the last year or so.

For those who have it at the more severe end of the spectrum and cant get out and even sitting up your muscles burn so bad you have pain 9/10 all over...well how do you spend your time.

I walk up and down my garden a few times when i can...i just about get an easy snack and then need to get the heck off my burning legs and body.

This is not a poor me thread i am just interested in how other people live.

I am sooo fed up with being in bed with my hot water bottles watching tv or reading but its the only place i can get the pain even remotely bearable....but its not a healthy way to live.

I haven't changed so i haven't suddenly stopped pacing or fighting...but the fibro has.

I understand completely what you're going through. I am a neat freak. I love to clean my house. Ever since the last few months now, I've been barely able to clean anything with out feeling tired, sick, or have a aching back and burning legs. I am so out of shape because I spend so much time sitting around in bed. I play video games on my laptop like The Sims. I read books, I watch classic movies on TMC. That's my day. I try to be more active, I wanted to join a gym, but I think my money be wasted. Firbo has really taken over my life. My legs never stop aching. My shoulders burn and cause me to wake up all hours of the night... :( All I can do is try to stay positive, but it's getting harder.

To many this might some hard. And believe me I no there might come a day I can't.but I tend to get up and do stuff. Because I hurt if I'm still I hurt if I'm not .so what the hell.
I'm slowly turning into a blob and I might as well hang up my boots if all I can do is sit down. So for me at this point in my Fibro I can still do small jobs with rest inberween .x

Do you get out much Forgetmenot?

Twice a week .food shopping with my folks and dr or any other appointment .in the summer just in the garden .most of what I do is job round the house. I can iron as I have a press.so I can sit down.some days are better then others . I try to get to jobs done a day .i hate mess but what can u do when u hurt so bad.so slowly I do things .but do them I do.

I can relate to what you are saying. I am retired and have nothing but time on my hands. I too spend most of my days watching TV and reading. I have physical therapy or a doctors appointment once or twice a week so that is the extent of my going out. It is cold here and I hate the cold so I avoid going out in it if I don't have to. I hate the snow worse than the cold and we are expecting some this week so I know my depression will go through the roof. I thought about volunteering but I never know on any given day if I will be up to it so I don't want to commit to something I can't go through with. I spend most of my time sleeping. Sometimes I sleep 12-14 hours a day. I am going to take a chance and go out today. I am taking my granddaughter to lunch and a movie and then spending some time with her afterwards. It will probably take all the energy I have but she is worth it.

Nice to hear from you Krista and glad you are getting out today. I hope you are not totally drained when you get back and that the outing will lift your spirits if only a tiny bit .

It has been an adjustment for me not to work. For a while I was on the computer quite a bit. I would get out (only because my husband gently pushed to do it). Then I realized that I love to make things. So I went to youtube and started watching videos. Now I keep busy by doing Macramé jewelry. I like it because it keeps my hands busy and I can take my time with it. Some days I can't lift my arms or my back is really on fire, I don't do anything. I'm not on any schedule anymore, that helps. I do get out as I am able to.

Nice to hear from you PattiD.

I too watch youtube to learn new things. I crochet but am getting arthritis in my hands. I adjust by not doing it as long. I also quilt--by machine--but have not been up to it lately. I'm getting a total knee replacement soon but it is too painful to hang my leg down.

I read a lot and like to study certain subjects on my own, especially history,( although I don't have a very good memory. Yet I enjoy it.)

TV quickly irritates me, noise, noise, noise. We have some land and I love to be outside and --slowly-- do things. I won't have a veggie garden this summer as I will be recouping from the knee surgery. but I'll be getting chicks at the end of this month. I really enjoy keeping chickens.

Ah Chicks Ruralchick i can see where your name comes from now!

I love the outside and chickens. My dad rescued a battery chicken years ago from a horrible battery egg farm that he used to drive past for work.

The chicken was on the roof of this huge shed having escaped and my dad encouraged her down and took her home. My parents built a run and a cosy shed for her and kept her for a while until they felt she might be happier on a farm.

Eventually my parents found Coupee as they called her a farm to live out her life with other hens in the countryside.

Yep Tv annoys me too.

Nice to hear about you Ruralchick.

We have a small flock of chickens - they are definitely calming and entertaining at the same time.

When I am having a bad day and just need to rest I sometimes play Duolingo. It keeps me distracted without being too demanding.

I have a friend who has chronic pain on a daily basis and does find it hard sometimes and has lost his girlfriend due to his pain and struggles with it and does get frustrated and he tries to get busy with fixing cars and trucks for friends which seems to keep him busy, and is quite good with his hands and real good with fixing things. I think this is something people don't understand what the person who has this illness goes through and the person can feel lonely at times and it can feel exhausting to move or even trying to go outside and know how my friend feels, and do have some people in my family who do suffer from fibromyalgia and have mood swings at times when they can't do something on their own. Everyone has something they can do to try and forget the pain or ease it and doing a new hobby can be nice or trying to go for a short walk when the weather is not too hot can be a nice way to relax and move the body.

I haven't had a physical job in a while... I might soon, but will surely get very medicated. We will see. But some days were difficult last year, I filled my days just going out for a bit, trying to get my mind of things, trying to exercise a bit (walking), playing video games, completing tasks online, adult coloring books (coloring books with intricate designs perfect for adults) and talking online with friends and family. We will see how things go this year...

Alot of people are missing on a very important ingredient to healing and this is walking. You should start by doing some warmups which involve stretching gently and then commencing on a walk. Walking medicine raises serotonin and norepinephrine levels in the bloodstream and these are crucial for the management of pain. A sedentary lifestyle is deceptive since the pain threshhold levels will remain low. Walking also alleviates foot problems like cramps and spasms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back