Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Anyone else sick to death of taking pills. I seem to spend my day sorting or taking pills.i no soon il be on a 300mg tablet ,but at the moment I'm taking 6 gabby a a day pain pills nerve pills and bi polar pills .

I'm with you... Sometimes the pills seem overwhelming first thing in the morning.

I have to agree, but the alternative is not something I want to deal with either!

Pain is a powerful motivator, that is for sure

i totally agree. I have told my husband that I am thinking of going off all of my medication. I know they are not helping and I'm not sure that they aren't harming. My worst problem is my depression. I take Zoloft and Tramadol for the depression and they don't seem to help at all but I am afraid it will be worse if I go off of them. I guess that is something I should discuss with my PCP next time I see him. But yes it is a hassle taking 5-10 pills a day. Especially those that I am supposed to take 3 times a day. Because of the depression I normally sleep 12 or more hours a day so I wind up taking all my medication in an 8 hour period because I usually go to bed at 8 so I think I am taking some of them to close together and maybe that's why they aren't working properly.

KD yes maybe there to close. But I've never heard of tramadol. Being used as a anit depressant .its a pain killer and a very addict one. Don't ever just stop your pills ,because not only will u have very bad withdrawals but your depression will be unbearable .but sleeping all that time because your depressed ,u need better meds love .xx

Multivitamin in t moning, iron pill and magnesium pill in t night, amitriptylin before sleep. Everyday iam sick of it.

I'm with you there with the amount of meds needed to try keep pain levels down abit, i take a fair few tablets too and short of rattling when i shuffle around. Once upon a time i never would take tablets unless forced to. Every year my pain increases that bit more and moves round my body in 2-3 areas at the same time and trying to carry on day to day fighting fatigue i feel at the end of my rope. Fibromyalgia without a doubt has ruined my life along with all the meds i have to take ,liquid Oramorph 10mg, Gabapentin,codeine,paracetamol,ibruprofen,sertraline,colcalciferol,Does anybody else feel like theyre losing the battle against Fibro?

What avenue do we all go down when youve exhausted all avenues?

Hi deedash as depressing as it sounds which i also hate as i have fought this with the same courage as anyone could i would also say fibro has stolen more of me year on year too.

Pills don't touch my pain and the side affects of those i have persevered with out of desperation have caused other problems to add to the misery.

This illness needs more than pills it needs research and someone to find the root cause in our brains. Even then though the chances of cure must be slim as it is such a complex disease.

Hey Ho where's the happy me !! Sorry Guys

It wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion. I'm sorry your on so many pills. I use to take 2 pills, one for nerves and one for pain. I was robed of both and put on 7 diffrent meds after diagnosed with fibro, because the fda and strict guidelines. Because of the heavy abuse to narcodics. My Family got real worried about me, and flat out told me to (get off new pills) The side effects for me did not weigh the benefit. I gained 30 lbs, was falling , was dizzy, had mouth sores, blisters, it was awfull. Good luck to you.

Forgetmenot, you are correct, Tramadol is not technically an anti depressant, or even in the same class of medication. However, for many people they do often have a mood elevating or stabilizing effect. If you google Tramadol as a mood enhancer, you will find countless posts with people claiming it has cured their depression, anxiety, etc.

Unfortunately, you are also correct about how addictive Tramadol can be, and many doctors have mislead their patients by suggesting that it is not a addictive as true opiates, and has fewer side effects. New studies over the past few years have proven that to be incorrect. Tramadol can actually be more addicting for some, and can be MUCH harder to come off of than standard opiates.

Until the past couple of years Tramadol was handed out without much hesitation by many in the medical profession. Now, it is being treated closer to a narcotic pain medication that previously thought necessary, as it has been proven to have a high potential for abuse. Many states have been changing their prescribing policies in regards to Tramadol, making it almost as difficult to get as most narcotic pain medications. Even drug tests are now including Tramadol in the screening process for pain management contacts.

I agree with you in that people should never just stop taking their medications without consulting their PCP. Many medical clinics where I live (Pacific Northwest) are more than happy to help a patient safely titrate their dose down, and provide alternatives if the withdrawal symptoms are too much to handle.

Best of luck to any, and all, who are going through any kind of medication adjustment, stopping, etc. It can be a rough road, and I hope those in need have a good support network to help them through it.

I am so sorry that you have been overwhelmed by pill medications. In fibromyalgia treatment, there is no magic pill. So you can try other options like regular gentle exercise; massage, a time tested way of daring muscle pain; pressing of painful muscles with a warm moist cloth; sleeping and waking up at the same time and avoiding naps and concentrating on what you like doing. I believe that you can but your overreliance on pills by using there interventions.

I hate pills, I hate them. There was this one time I was taking so many pills that I had a stomach problem because of that. We needs to dosage them and cut to the minimum essential.

Yes, I envy those who don't need to take any pills :( I take my BCP, some natural supplements for my pain, my glucose controlling pills and my IBS medication. Right now I am taking a medication to treat stomach flu... I'm in hell, but hey... at least I didn't get the other flu! Imagine that!

I have a friend who actually tried to suicide because the pills were getting him sick, he was alreadysick of taking them all the time, he did not really like that and I knowwhat it feels to do something you'realready tired of, however he did not do anything, he's still alive andtaking his medication because he knows that is the only way to kill the horrible pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back