Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I'm on my phone and wasn't sure where to put it and can't tell if my first posted :shock:

I'm 20 years old and was diagnosed with fibro when I was 12 after a period of intense headaches and fatigue and missing a year of school. Ive had a year or so at a time since then where my symptoms haven't been as bad, but since I was about 17 it's been pretty much constant.

My rheumatologist is helpful in trying to find something to work for pain, but to be completely honest, I can mostly deal with chronic pain. Yea it sucks, but what really, really gets to me, being fairly young and ambitious and having dropped out of school because of it, is the fatigue and "brain fog."

I've always been very academic and i think im very smart, which is pretty much what i value most about myself. I like to write and create. But especially lately I've had no energy ever, mental or physical. I can't focus, i can barely make myself get out of bed to do anything other than watch TV.

It brings upon a lot of depression, which I've gotten pretty good at handling, but my state of mind seems to reach a plateau when i realize no matter how i think, im never gonna have as much energy as I'd like.

Ive read a bit about fibro patients being prescribed ADHD and even narcolepsy meds to combat this. Im wondering what your takes are on this idea, cause im not too sure about being medicated like that.

Im also just curious for some input from others experiencing this. How do you maintain your interests and hobbies and keep your mind engaged when your energy is often so limited? What are your days typically like? I feel a bit self conscious about staying in on netflix so often, like its not what i shluld be doing, but sometimes it's hard to focus and have the willpower to do anything else. Then i get kind of self hating and start feeling lazy....long story short, im really struggling to deal with the effects of this.

Sorry for the length and any spelling errors, i typed this on my phone. I look forward to hearing any input!

Hi there! Right now i don't pursue that many hobbies, but there is a supplement that helps me loads when it comes to energy. As for the brain fog... I haven't found a solution for that. I've learnt to accept some days it will just be bad, and other won't be as bad. Same goes with mt pain and even my sight. I hope you find something that works for you, hopefully other members can reply this thread and tell you what has worked for them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back