Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1992
Country
US
State
Tx
I was wondering what information is out there regarding alcoholic beverages (particularly) white wine and FMS?

I haven't really heard that much about white wine and fibro, but I have heard a lot about red wine. You know, it seems that nowadays you see a lot articles talking about red wine and its benefits to health, but nothing much about white wine. It's supposed to be loaded with lots of antioxidants... but if you are one of those fibro sufferers who also suffers from fibro... I'd not recommend it.

I was wondering what information is out there regarding alcoholic beverages (particularly) white wine and FMS?

Peggysue,

I've seen a lot posted in alternative and I think chronic pain section about alcohol. I've not ever clicked into them because over the past year alcohol has become a big "ouch" for me. So I avoid it. But I think if you scan through there you might find some info.
But good gosh what I wouldn't do for a gient sippy cup of merlot!!!

Many things can go wrong with alcohol and the best thing is to stay on the safer side. A new Scottish research however suggests that moderate to heavy drinking cuts the likelihood of pain and attendant disability. The problem is that treating fibro with alcohol runs the likelihood of developing a secondary problem of alcohol dependency. You have to drink more to achieve the same effect. Chronic drinking will worsen the pain and subsequent withdrawal will precipitate increased sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back