Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
CA
I am 32 & have been suffering with fibro symptoms for the past 10 years. I was just recently formally diagnosed with 16 tender points. My symptoms have increased drastically, I can no longer work, I have 2 children ages 8 & 13 & am really struggling. In addition to the fibro, I now have gastritis, which means I can't take any anti-inflammatory meds, as well as complex cysts on my ovaries. I take 300mg of gabapentin 3x a day, as well as 2 norcos a day. I just ran out of norcos but am starting a pain mngmt class thru kaiser tmrw. Has anyone had experience with kaiser's pain mngmt? How soon after completing the class can you see a dr? I am in so much pain rn. I attempted to fill out an app for ssi today & found out someone has stolen my identity & used it to take out several loans, a bank card, a vehicle etc... This additional stress feels like it's going to put me over the edge. I've only been taking the norcos for about 2 months, 2xday but am worried about rebound pain? I'd appreciate any input, advice, suggestions, etc... I've been crying uncontrollably all day. Thank you kindly!

I can feel you, moonfeather. I just hope you can stay strong to survive. Stress can worsens FMS. Family and friends support might be very helpful at this moment. I'm sorry for not helping much. Warm hugs from Malaysia.

I know is not easy but try to calm down, stress worsens your pain. If your doctors is not cooperating with you that much, at least when it comes to trying different medication combos then you should look for a different one. Because that is what good doctors do, they put you on different medication combos until they find the one that works for you. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Hang in there get a diffrent Dr., I also can not take ibeprifin it's slowly hurt my stomach lineing. I tried gabapenton, and Lyrica. Both had terrible side effects including weight gain.
Every time I saw my OLD Dr. And told him it was not working he would up the dose. My family told me to get OFF, those meds because I was acting abnormal. I refuse to take any antidepressants, they screw with my head to much. Yet with each Dr. Visit, I get asked to go on yet another pill. I just Look at Him.
Anxiety is one problem I have along with a list of Fibro symptoms. Best thing you can do is educate yourself, and take proof to your Dr.

sorry you have so much on your plate moonfeather. Trellum is so right about the stress; so please try and redirect any thoughts that make you angry.
But I find having a good cry when sad is cathartic. Since you have other internal issues and have to watch the meds, it would be good to look into deep breathing exercises, meditation and perhaps some aromatherapy (I keep a bottle of essential oil blend with me at all times : )

Also maybe look into supplements/foods/spices that can reduce inflammation in the body. For a while I was getting terrible stomach pains. I would eat just a palm-full of walnuts and the pain would be gone in a minute! And though this hasn't worked for me all the time, there have been times I would eat a raw garlic clove or 2, and at least it would reduce the pain in my arms, though it would be a little rough on my tummy for a few minutes.

Terrible about the credit issues but it's so prevalent now; that will get straightened out eventually. Your health matters most now. Hope all went well for your today.

My daughter, who has fibro, uses Natural Calm. It's a magnesium powder that mixes into a hot drink. It fizzes like alka seltzer. We use the original flavor that tastes like fizzy lemon water. There are other brands with stevia and raspberry, etc. She drinks a warm glass every night before bedtime, which gives her several grams of magnesium, and she says that it makes a huge difference when she takes it before sleeping a full night, in how she feels the next day.

It can sometimes help to get a 23andme analysis run, and then run diagnostic reports off of that, through LiveWello or somewhere. There is a page on StopTheThyroidMadness about MTHFR, that describes how to do this. It will help start to pointing you to specific genetic issues. If you track those down and get specific recommendations on targeting those genetics, it often helps people feel a lot better. If you have not been tested for MTHFR, by the way, you might want to look into that. A 23andMe report will show it, or your doctor can test for it. Many fibro people have MTHFR, and if you do have it, you need a special form of b-vitamin called L-5-MTHF, because your body isn't efficient at "methylating" this b-vitamin, and so even if you get folic acid in your diet, you aren't able to use enough of it. Many of us have detox problems, and my daughter has started taking NAC detox regulators to help with this issue. You can buy L-5-MTHF online as a vitamin. There is also a version called "active b12", which has it in combination with b12, as they are processed together.

Anytime I have questions about something, I google it and add "Phoenix Rising", such as MTHFR Phoenix Rising, and that leads me to in-depth discussions, which usually leads me to new things to try.

Since we started going down this path, my daughter has gone from almost completely bedbound to holding down a part time job. She's not cured, but we've seen an incredible improvement in her energy, stamina, pain, brain fog and ability to control flares, which we never achieved in years of using doctor-prescribed medication.

I'd also take a good look at your bed. Your mattress can make a huge difference in your pain. One thing that I did was to cut up an old queen memory foam pad into pillow sized pieces and put pillow cases on them. I use them to tuck in various places around my body, and then I consciously think about how my body is aligned, to try to avoid sleeping in stress position. I believe this has also helped.

For stomach pain, you might try crystallized ginger. Another option is to try elimination diets. Most fibro patients are sensitive to gluten and casein (dairy -- because cows eat gluten). For some people, avoiding ALL grains can be effective, as other grains have their own versions of gluten. It's difficult to do, but you can get some great tips looking at paleo sites and low carb sites, although this diet doesn't have to be low carb. For some people, switching to rice and corn can be a good way to still get carbs.

That's really tough about the credit. I wish you the best of luck with everything. I hope you start feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back