Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2016
Country
US
State
XO
Seems like many of us go through various abdominal issues...pain, indigestion, IBS, etc.

Just want to see if anyone else keeps track of what sets it off, or if any have had issues pre-fibro diagnosis. Maybe we can find some common ground on connecting factors.

I've mentioned in other posts that I have had issues with IBS constipation before this, although never any abdominal pains with it...just that frequent "never quite complete" feeling that now always seems to be an issue and shows up on cat scan, xray, exam.
There always seems to be a part of the train that gets left behind, to put it nicely : )

Although thinking back to other digestive issues, certain foods have always given me heartburn, specifically peanut butter, tuna fish and yogurt. I've looked them up, and there
are high ratios of certain amino acids that they all have. So I'm wondering if it could be
a metabolic disorder, because I also have issues with energy with certain forms of exercise. And there are skeletal muscle disorders that are related to metabolism (metabolic myopathies).

Ok, just some food for thought. Maybe some of us can get to the root of things that way.

I had on again of again constipation since childhood. After pregnancy a light switch flipped the opposite direction. I was tested for food sensitivities years ago and was shocked (weird stuff...onion, broccoli, asparagus exc.) stuff I ate everyday. Took me a whole but I was doing great until two years ago, then everything fell to prices. I've done better for the past two months and recently completely cut out coffee and dairy that seems to have made I big impact. But thinking I might need to be tested again for new sesitivities. I asked my doctor to test me for mucosal injury and he was "incorporatitive" waiting on some other factors as I need to find a new pcp.

I asked my doctor to test me for mucosal injury and he was "incorporatitive" waiting on some other factors as I need to find a new pcp.

Isn't that always the case....as soon you suggest something/ask a question/make a request it's always no. If they don't mention it, it's not happening. Have to figure out a way to subliminally get things into their heads.

Lol. So true SIS, just had no idea how to give subliminal messages on this one!

Hi, I also have IBS and there are a number of trigger foods for me. I cut out cows milk, chocolate, coffee, and pizza and it's made a big difference for me. Try keep a food and bowel movement diary. I take probiotics to try balance the gut flora in my tummy. Take care!

SO many abdominal issues, it's ridiculous. I'll think I'm doing okay and then my stomach will blow up like a balloon and I don't feel like myself at all. And I already limit so many foods already. I think "ruffage" like salads and things like that can be hard on those with IBS but those are my favorite things to eat. I seem to do okay with yogurt. I'm sure coffee is no good but I don't want to give it up :(

A little off-topic but does anyone here like to wear high-waisted jeans? And if so - do you struggle with it because of fibro, IBS, IC?

@EmmaLVee - LOL, actually, I have switched mostly to yoga pants, which gives me no incentive to lose weight : )
But that is a good question, actually better to wear high-waist rather than hip-hugger/low-rise style, when you do wear jeans.
The low-rise can cause problems with the way you walk, which leads to hip/alignment problems etc. Just do a search on "low-rise jeans
hip problems."

Do you wear high-waist jeans that are stretch? I only wear those...that 1% of spandex they add really makes a difference in comfort, I find.
When I find them uncomfortable in the waist due to bloating or just abdominal pain, I unbutton them--I wear a stretch belt to hide the fact
they are open, and I get more adjustment that way.

SureI'mSore - I love yoga pants! I wish I could wear them to work (maybe I could?)...I just try to be as "stylish" as possible while still dealing with pain and it seems to get harder and harder haha

I guess there isn't all that much stretch in the ones that I have on right now - and I feel huge. I feel that it is probably just bloating and abdominal/bladder pain but god knows. It's just so weird because lately, I've found that clothing is bothering me - anything that isn't loose is bothering me. And I was - at first - thinking it was because I was gaining weight or something - but (maybe I'm just lying to myself) but I think it may just be because I'm in pain and anything touching me is exacerbating it. I don't know.

I guess I have to stop pretending (when I dress) that I have a normal body...

I guess I have to stop pretending (when I dress) that I have a normal body...

Don't feel bad Emma, I'm sure many of us feel the same.

I think you could dress the yoga pants for work, as long as they are of the proper length (may have to hem). If you are not self conscious, you can wear it with a tee style top tucked in, or find something longer like a tunic style. But even tailored pants with an elastic waist (even partial) would probably be more comfortable in jeans. You definitely have options.

My main triggers, I think, is diary in general as well as gluten. I have been suffering from IBS since I was fairly young, the first clue something was wrong was when I was 6 years old and got sick after eating some really oily chips. I've no tolerance towards oily things, those are the major culprit of my suffering (can't keep them down), but things like diary and gluten do make me suffer too. My main problem right now is bloating :( I am no longer constipated or with the runs, but the bloating and gas are so annoying. Plus I beleive I suffer from indigestion quite often... and I have also suffered from GERD (still do from time to time). I'm enjoying of some peace right now though :) I feel better since I took Daxon and the probiotics the doctor gave me! I do think the excessive bloating was caused by the parasites :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back