Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Hi! I just wanted to say hi! I'm new to the group. I can relate to some of the posts. I just lost a friend because partly she didn't want to be supportive and then got verbally abusive so I had to let her go. The problem is she was my best friend, and I have problems going out and meeting new people so my social contacts are limited. I have a hard time going to the grocery store and getting gas and just getting up!!!! People DON'T understand. I have PTSD/burnout from years ago but it is not getting better. I am thinking of seeing a doctor to talk about chronic fatigue and fibro. My therapist doesn't really understand how difficult it is. I have a horse and a bird that are great company but I have to go out every day to take care of a wound on my horse and treat it every day!!! This is a major feat for me. The barn can do it in the morning, but not in the afternoon. He is 24 years old and his name is chessie. We've been together a long time, before I got so tired! I went to a meeting last night AND had therapy and took care of my horse at my therapist's prompting and I am so drained today! I am on disabilty and hadn't been doing much of anything but sleeping till the afternoon. I thought I was just being lazy, but now that I HAVE to be somewhere I feel it, I really feel it. I am able to do it just need to vent and say how bleeping hard it is and not have someone roll their eyes. It hurts. Hello to all and glad to be on the forum!!

Hi there :) So sorry to hear you lost your best friend, I went through the same just this year... I lost the person I thought that was my best friend simply because he didn't seem to be as interested in our friendship as before. I got tired of being the one always contacting him and such. It happens, sometimes friends drift apart :( That doesn't make it any easier though. So I can totally relate... it seems harder to make new friends as you get older... but I believe it can be done :)

Some best friend u had there,but I to lost mine years ago. Still her lose .welcome anyway . I hope we can bring a smile to your lips if nothing else .

I have kept my best friend but other relationship have definitely suffered and whilest not completely lost my close family aren't very supportive of my fragility and want to treat me like nothing is wrong.

Welcome here i hope you feel supported and join in.

Thank you so much for your replies! yes it has been very hard to lose my best friend, but she took up a lot of energy too. She didn't want to be supportive and the verbal abuse hurt. I'm hoping to make new friends, but it is harder to make friends when you are older. I'm in my mid thirties and most people are married and have kids. I am not and don't. I'm hoping to get out there a bit and make some friends but I don't have that much energy. It's hard for people to understand. Thanks for the support <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back