Old 06-15-2016, 10:27 AM #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

TipBill is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: Nowhere
State: None
Diagnosed: 03/2014
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
TipBill is on a distinguished road
Default New Doctor

Well I'm off to see a new doctor today. He is an orthopedic surgeon. The surgeon who did my shoulder replacement moved to New York. I have been having the most unbearable pain in both my arms and shoulders so I wonder if the pain is related to the surgery or not. I was in physical therapy but my physical therapist is on maternity leave. I was doing the physical therapy and home and everything was fine from November till the end of April. One morning I woke up and had the worst pain in both arms and shoulders. It didn't come on gradually, just boom, one day is wasn't there and the next day it was. I managed to continue with the physical therapy through the end of May ever though it was very painful. Finally at the end of May I stopped because the pain became to much to bear. I am sure this new doctor will put me back on physical therapy but I hope he gives me a prescription for a pain killer to get through the therapy. I am currently taking a muscle relaxer and a nerve blocker and it does nothing for the pain. I don't want to get addicted to pain killers but I need some relief from this constant pain. Wish me luck. I will post later how it went. Oh and something I forgot to say was I heard from a friend that this doctor is a real a**hole but a very good doctor. My friend told me he will get on me about my weight and I am rather nervous about that. I mean I don't need to be kicked when I am already down. Anyway we shall see.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:38 AM #2 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

diamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of light
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: somewhere
State: anywhere
Diagnosed: 01/2008
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
diamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Doctor

Good Luck Krista...waiting to hear how you got on. I know you've had a rough time.x
Closed Thread

Tags
back, doctor, friend, good, good doctor, muscle, pain, physical therapy, relief, shoulder, surgery, therapy, weight

« tired | Baking Soda »