Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
NY
Does anyone's joint and weakness extend to the hand and fingers?? I'm noticing a weak grip with both hands. I'm 45 female and was always on the stronger side, but not so much anymore.

Wondering what others experience. Seems lately when I research a symptom, ALS comes up and it sends me in a panic.

I have lost a lot of strength in my hands when before I was very strong.

Thanks Rural. I'm really starting to feel defeated by this disease, disorder, syndrome....WHATEVER IT IS 😣

Sarafina, I experienced what you are facing right now. In addition, it was followed by pain. Stay strong. We are here for you

I feel your fear - I started out with hand pain and 'fumble fingers'...it lead me to a diagnosis of MS, which has since been dismissed (I had a brain MRI, some issues in the white matter, another MRI a year later with no change and no neurological issues so a neurologist said I was fine). Turns out this can be a thing for autoimmune or fibro (the white matter changes). It can also be from car accidents and falling off a horse onto my head. ;-)

Anyway when I am tired or having a bad day I drop stuff. These days my pain is way more than just my hands but my fingers and the base of my thumbs give me problems. It's actually been a running joke in my family for years that I don't do well with breakables, lol. I also really hate zip locs when my hands are messed up. I bought plastic clips from the dollar store and have scissors in my kitchen to cut bags open and clip with a big clip - so much easier.

I have very similar problems with my hands as Northernelf (I keep scissors in the kitchen as well).

Walking is good exercise,but it doesn't really keep my strength up. Weight lifting is too painful. Swimming helps a lot, though

I have the same problem. I drop things, can't open things, and my fingers stutter when I type.

My hands have always hurt since getting sick, I fumbled and dropped things all the time but my grip was still testing normal until my last doctors visit. I squeezed as hard as a could but he was telling me I was hardly doing it. I'm 37...shouldn't be this weak. So whatever this is it's progressing.

My hands have become weaker and weaker over the last 2 years ...clumsy too...like the dexterity has gone. They are stiff especially the fingers and never return to their normal flexibility and the more i use them the stiffer and more tired and weak they get....fibro has a lot to answer for.

For many years my hands were the one part of me least affected except if i got stressed or tired...now they are affected all the time.

Ughhhh...I'm sad to see others have this. But at the same time it always assures me a bit that it's not something more. Bless you all. I hate this

PattiD I know how you are feeling. My hands hurt all the time, my finger tips are numb, and I drop things a lot. My rheumy put me on plaquenil three months ago and some days it helps and other there is no improvement. I have to make an appointment with the neurologist because my GP is worried that I have started dropping things more frequently. Never a dull moment with fibromyalgia.

I broke all the glasses in my cupboard from dropping everything. They're all plastic now. Sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back