Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Feeling very fibro depressed lately and have no one to talk to. My fiance doesn't understand, and my mom thinks its all in my head. The pain in my back/shoulders/neck has been so terrible lately I feel I can't even function. Between the fatigue and the pain, I don't even want to get up. I graduated from college a couple weeks ago, and I have been sending out my resume and cover letters to potential jobs but I have been so UNMOTIVATED.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks guys.

RMJ777, you have come to the right place, we 'get' you. Have you seen the site, Butyoudon'tlooksick The spoon theory may help your loved ones understand. . Have you tried a heating pad, hot shower/bath to loosen up the back, etc. & adding some lavender to the shower, etc. can help you relax. Have you tried magnesium? Most of us are deficient in this, mag. malate helps absorption. Also, as you haven't shared what you are doing; have your vitamin D checked, you usually have to ask for this blood test. Most with FM are low in this as well.

I sure understand the lack of motivation! It is very hard to care about anything else when you're in pain! Please continue to research FM and what you can do to help yourself, be your own advocate. Hope you are doing better real soon.

Links not Allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome.its so hard to get loved ones to understand. And upsetting to think they don't beilive u.its sad ppl who don't suffer think everyone else is like they are.but we're not all alike.maybe get mum to read some oft he posts I here.if she will that is.
And feel free to ask anything u need to xxx

Take your fiance to your next doctor appointment. Sometimes if they see that the doctor states facts about your illness your fiance might soften some and give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm in the same boat, RM. I have a recent diagnosis but long-term symptoms. I believe I had a MASSIVE fibroflare after my shoulder surgery Aug 1st.. and I've been in utter hell since. Hubby is just... indifferent, even when I'm crying like a baby, depressed, confused, lost, scared. It's hard to deal with this when you don't have a support network (like me) or your closest ally is indifferent. I've been so painful that I can't function either and have been housebound and often bedridden because of this pain. I understand what you're going through.... I really do. Many I'm sure understand. In my particular case.. I LOOK as bad as I feel and still it seems impossible for him to understand. *Hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back