Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Ok, so Sunday afternoon my husband and I went out for lunch. When we got home I just sat in the car for a few minutes. My husband asked me if I was coming in the house or what. I told him I don't think I have the energy to make it. So I sat in the car for a few more minutes and finally decided I had to go in because it was getting hot in the car. Once I got in the house I noticed my chest was hurting on the right side so I didn't think it was my heart. It hurts when I take a deep breath and the pain radiates all the way through to my back. My husband wanted me to go to the ER but being the cheapskate that I am I told him no. It cost $300.00 for me to go to the ER. So I went to bed and slept for about 6 hours. When I woke up it was 9:00 and my husband asked me again if I wanted to go to the ER and again I said no. When I woke up Monday morning the pain was still there as well as shortness of breathe and feeling nauseous so I decided to go to my PCP. He did some blood work, gave me some medication for the nausea and did an EKG. It said he found something on the EKG that was abnormal. He explained it to me but I didn't understand what he was saying because it was all in doctor speak. Anyway he said it could be something or it good be nothing. He wants me to do a stress test. If I don't pass that he wants me to see a cardiologist. The stress test isn't until October 4th. I hope I don't die before then. I will be walking on a treadmill and I have to get my heart rate up to 130 in order to pass the test. I am so afraid I won't be able to pass it. I am extremely overweight (255) and don't think I can walk for that long. The good news is that if I show any signs of trouble they will stop the test. My doctor said he didn't think it was my heart because the pain in not where my heart is located. I suggested and he concurred it was probably a panic attack. If so, I am still having one because I am still having pain when I take a deep breath. My doctor seems to think I am working myself into a frenzy over going before the judge for my disability hearing. Maybe he's right. At least it will be over soon but not soon enough.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Good luck, Krista. Gentle hugs.
Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back