Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
How many people feel anxious about their health with fibro?

My fibro has been really bad for the last 2 years and I have barely been able to leave the house.

After 7 years where i managed my condition and all the numerous add on symptoms i simply cant accept this is it month in month out and feel very anxious that i may have another 30 or 40 years like this.

I am also riddled with guilt for how it has changed the life of my partner and how i cant care for my elderly parents and that my lovely son hates seeing this happen to his mum.

I don't have flares i'm in a total body flare 24/7. Anyone else stuck like this and anxious about the future.

Hi,
Yes, one of my cousins is facing the same issue. He is suffering it for the past 3 years. He often has muscle pain. And pain at times gets unbearable . For the past one year, he is also suffering with the sleeping problems as well. He has done many treatments but still not fully recovered. He is 28 years old and still not married because of this issue. We all are very anxious of his future. How did you manage your condition? Is there any treatment for this? Kindly, give your suggestions. Recently, I heard about hypochondriasis therapy for the health anxiety. Need to check whether it is a good one. Request your prayers and suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Link Not Allowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypochondria is health anxiety where you have nothing wrong as far as i am aware not when you are so crippled by pain you can barely get a shower or make a meal.

Sadly Fibromaylgia is something you have to try and manage with a variety of treatments and medications and by pacing and resting.

I seem to be in the minority of people who are most severely affected and can see by few replies that not many people are in the same situation as me although i have heard many people talk about anxiety when their pain gets worse and suffering from depression...but then i read a post that says they have been able to drive miles and miles or go swimming or walk a fair distance albeit more slowly and realize that while i am sure its a great effort they can do it.

This is how my fibro used to be although something like swimming would always have been impossible with large exaggerated arm movements and kicking of legs but i could walk for about 40 minutes and do my housework and cooking in stages.

I suggest your cousin should see a rheumatologist to get a diagnosis and open the doors to various treatments...good luck

I can very much relate to you. I am anxious and nervous most of the time. Sometimes for no apparent reason I will suffer an acute panic attack. My arms and legs will shake, I will start to sweat and feel physically ill. Most days I don't even shower or get dressed because it is to much effort. I too worry about living the rest of my life like this. From your post you sound much younger than me. I am 61 and could easily live another 10-20 years and the thought of living this way until I die fills me with dread.

I think this symptom comes and goes (Anxiety). When fibro first begins most people struggle with anxiety and depression, as well as being scared. The fibro symptoms can become quite severe and limit ones abilities to do the simple things in life and the hard things can become so stressful to cope with that it often breaks up friendships and families, mostly due to non-belief in the person suffering. Then sometimes symptoms stop for no good reason and the person is able to do somethings that for so long were just a memory.
Thus anxiety remains constant, as in how long will the good times last and how much can I do without producing a flare that will end this miracle remission. It never ends and sometimes can produce panic attacks or deep depression. Everyone is different. Some have severe symptoms and others have fibro that hardly makes a difference in their lives. I have had both on and off over the last 25 years. If only something could be found that could end the cycle, what a happy day that would be for everyone who suffers daily with fibro.

You have summed it perfectly 1sweed so nice to see you writing on the forum with so many years of experience and compassion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back