New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Tbaker67 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Virginia Beach
State: Va
Diagnosed: 03/2017
Interest: I am being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
Tbaker67 is on a distinguished road
Default HELP finding a doctor

Hello,
I was hoping someone could guide me in the direction of a doctor who could give me a second opinion or confirm my fibromyalgia diagnosis. I am in the Hampton roads area of Virginia.

The reason is My neurologist sent me to a rheumatologist to diagnose me and after leaving her office, she even provided me paperwork on fibromyalgia, I thought I was official. I get a call from her nurse today and she said blood tests to rule out other things came back negative for any additional conditions and they want me to go see the neurologist again, because from their standpoint according to the nurse I do not have fibromyalgia. I'm very confused as to why the doctor would've educated me on it and now her nurse is saying no you don't have it according to her notes. In addition to that my neurologist pretty much ordered an MRI for me and told me we don't need to see you again if that comes back normal. I have problems with e trend fatigue and all over body pain also lack of coordination and gait. I just want someone who can help!
Tbaker67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:18 AM #2 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Wineisfine is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: ******
State: FL
Diagnosed: 02/2010
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Wineisfine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HELP finding a doctor

UVA is an excellent hospital, but its 150 miles (?) from you. But they may know somebody locally or at least closer.
Wineisfine is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
back, conditions, confused, diagnose, diagnosis, doctor, fatigue, fibromyalgia, help!, mri, neurologist, pain, rheumatologist, second opinion, tests