Just curious,How many of you were diagnosed with Epstein Barr virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagey

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
NY
Hi All,
I just had a flare of severe nausea, and it felt Ike the symptoms of my Epstein Barr in combination with Fibromyalgia.

I feel that virus has definitely had something to do with me getting Fibro,but we all have something that triggered our Fibro.

I noticed when I feel extreme nausea,I also will experience canker sores in my mouth.Has anyone experienced that also?

I spoke with my dr several years ago and he said his sister was getting canker sores.He suggested it was a b12 deficiency ,and I started to see if they helped.
When I started taking the Vit b 12 sublingual.I felt better and my mouth healed.

So I feel it made a significant difference on the amount of time that I get them.I rarely get them now,so I'm glad he suggested that.

Sagey

Epstein Barr is the virus that causes mono, right? I don't really have a complete answer for you, but I can tell you my story and maybe some things might sound familiar.

During my university years, I had serious bouts of fatigue and my GP would test me for 'mono' each time. The one time I also had a serious and strange throat infection in combination with fever and fatigue, he was sure it was mono. But the basic blood count tests always came back fine, so my complaints were dismissed as seasonal/mood related. I later read that a basic blood count may not always be enough and that there is a specific test for it. I don't know. So I also do not know whether I have the virus, it would make a lot of sense of course.

Same thing with canker sores in my mouth. I used to get them quite often, and my dentist told me to take B12 as well.

I now use B12 injections mainly because my spinal surgeon explained how important it is to keep the levels high for quick nerve recovery. I sadly have not noticed much improvement, but I know at least that a deficiency is not what is causing all my problems.

Hi Vickithecat,

Yes,it's the virus that causes mono.It can be reactivated years down the road,after you've had mono.Unfortunately that's what happened to me.It happens when you have a weak immune system,which I probably had at the time.
My doctor did a blood test for the virus and it came back extremely high.

At that started my Fibromyalgia symptoms started and my journey.At the time I had not known much about Fibromyalgia.One friend at work had mentioned that she had it,but didn't talk much about it.

As I always do,I jumped right in to find out what I could do to cute this diagnosis.At that time I didn't know the seriousness and the extent of what I would be experiencing.

Years later I get what we all go thru.Its a lot!! Physically and mentally.The hard part is that people that don't have this,cant comprehend the amount of suffering this disease causes.

Hopefully with this forum,we can shed some light on the experiences and support each other along the way Ike we do!

Have a good day!��

Sagey

I also had mono and test positive for Eppstein Bar virus at high levels. But mine are only antibodies that indicate past infection. There are other antibodies that indicate current or active infection. When I have a flare, it feels like when I first got sick with the mono. Fatigue, muscle pain, and even a fever. These were the first symptoms that led me to go to the docs years ago. So many have come up since then. I do wonder what the virus roll is in development of autoimmune and inflammation is. It is a very common virus so hard to know I guess.

I too had a very bad case of mono in my early teens. Hmm
If you google Dr. Pridgen you'll see that he has been treating his fibromyalgia patients with anti viral drugs. They have done two clinical trials that showed great promis and I believe they are doing the third trial this year. There is also a doctor Johnson I think in Indiana that test his fibro patients for viruses. So there maybe some hope in this research by the end of this year.
If your lucky enough to have an open minded doctor and good insurance it would be worth checking it out. Me...I should have new insurance by August which means a new doctor so I'm looking for one that will test and/or try treatment to dr. Pridgens protocol.
I would love to know if anyone else here has been treated with this protocol.

I had mono in my early twenties and my docs are assuming that that is what started my fibro. Hmmm... anti virals huh? I know there's a naturopath near me that does this for lyme... maybe I should look into here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back