DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
EU
State
Earth
Hi,

I have always suffered from headaches my whole life. This was very evident in our house because my mom has never ever a headache in her life (can you even imagine that!?!).

I've had neck surgeries and the surgeon told me it was tension headaches. But that was 4 years ago, now the headaches feel different. I know only a doctor can determine what is what, but what is your experience in headaches?

My headaches are getting worse and worse. Especially with my period, they are seriously beginning to affect my everyday basic living. There is this pressure-like feeling around my head, nagging feeling, and it is endless, it is there even when I am trying to fall asleep and when I wake up.

How would your describe the difference between a migraine and a headache? Or does 'a label' really matter?

And what little things and medications help? I tried basic OTC painkillers and a cold pack, but they did not help. I have to stay away from noise and light as well.

Many thanks!

Hi Vickithecat,

When. I first started getting sick, just before being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia,I was experiencing excruciating pain in my head.Headaches so severe I was in bed for 24 hrs.I would hold my head and think I was going to have a stroke,it was painfu.Couldn't tolerate light or movement of my head.That was a migraine!

When u can't function physically from a severe headache.Cant do anything but lie there, that would be a migraine.I also went to the emergency room twice because the pain was so bad that I needed some relief.They gave me IV Dilaudid and it telieved my pain within a few minutes.

So I have experienced migraines.At the same time I had migraines I was diagnosed with fibroids , which I didn't know I had.The gynecologist said they were huge.After my hysterectomy my migraines dissapeared.I feel it was hormone related,like u said.You get yours during your period.Occasionally I would too.

I'm thankful I don't experience them anymore.I might have a bad headache once in awhile, but nothing like I experienced at that time.The one thing over the counter that helps me when I have a bad headache is Excedrin migraine.I find if u catch it early, it works great lol

Hope u have no more migraines!

Sagey

It's hard to say because everyone experiences migraine differently. My son feels them at the top of his head, my daughter behind her eyes, and mine at the base of my skull. Depending on where you feel the headache, there are different things you can try (whether it's tension or migraine). Because of the fibro, most of my headaches now start in my neck/shoulders and climb up my neck into the base of my skull. I find muscle rub helpful. An ice pack on the top of my head also helps. As far as meds go, Motrin and a some coffee is my best bet. Just be really, really careful with it. If you take it too often, you will start getting what is called break through headaches (basically daily chronic migraine - not fun). I also have a prescription for Maxalt and try to rotate. You can try tylenol. If you're headaches are tension, that might work for you, and it's easier on your system, I think. A couple other little tricks you can try ... really strong, minty gum pressed against the roof of your mouth or fishermen's friends (there seems to a 'headache' spot there). Some people take an antihistimine because they find they have sinus pressure with headaches, and that eases the pain. hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back