Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Chat rooms do not seem to be as popular as they once were but they did serve a purpose IMHO so people could talk in real time and arrangements could be made be a few people ( or many ) to meet here and chat live at a give time.

Has this ever been mentioned or discussed? If so please fill me in.

The forum seems to go through spells of very busy where regulars seem to be around often..then it goes quite quiet and people drop off and newbies gradually join and the same pattern repeats..with a few oldies who pop back less often.

I think a group chat time might be a nice idea...only thing is we are all on different time zones ..but im sure that doesnt have to be a problem.

One question: who give the permission and then another question: who sets it up? If it exists and agreeing to the rules is all it takes then whenever one of us is up with our mind churning all we need to do is enter the room. It will show that someone is in there waiting and the next person enters and says hello....
Lastly is a prearranged chat time....time zones will iron them self out.

Next..... <G>

I appreciate the votes of confidence in PM's and I think nothing will change if questions go unanswered, I have no idea who is in charge of making chat available and I wonder how many would participate if chat was available?

Back to my other post about " metaphors..." etc. I sometimes think that I see answers that no one else see's only because a degree of participation is needed that does not exist in a world gone mad in so many ways that no one knows how, why, or where....what does " mad " look like?

Hi I am new and am looking for someone to chat with at times.

I think if you start posting , sincerely sharing, carefully thoughtful helping, and supporting you might pickups some people who might be interesting in chatting on the regular bases. It is nice to have friends who can bounce the problem or sharing thoughts with , keep our sanity in checks. Keeping us alive in time of hopelessness or share small happiness like a greeting cards by our sick bed. Gosh The more I write the more I sound like a cheesy hallmark cards but I guess down that road it's a true guilty pleasure to be happy with just small kind words from someone directly who we hardly know or a simply small breakthrough idea update , with our conditions that can change everything. I miss good old chat room but not missing spam virus and troll advertisements that causing lots of good online chat to be closed. Something similar to tweeting that solely base in here might work as well I think. How about open up a puplic free comments forum? Simply posting reply can be answer close to real time if you are on the other end but no particular topic just say whatever you will? If fight breaks out then have short timeline of showing the conversations like a days at best?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back