Old 07-13-2017, 03:29 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Bozzy is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Steinsland
State: Norge / Norway
Interest: I have questions about Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
Bozzy is on a distinguished road
Default Does diet help?

Do anyone find that excluding gluten, dairy and sugar help your fibro pain?
Anyone on the paleo or ketogenic diet?
I find that adhering to a strict ketogenic diet does indeed lessen my joint and muscle pain.
Not sure about there science behind this, but I do suspect that it's gut related. Maybe fibromyalgia Is a collection of symptoms that Is caused by a leaky gut/dysbiosis of bacteria?
Bozzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:55 AM #2 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

VanGogh is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Jupiter
State: FL
Interest: I have questions about Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
VanGogh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does diet help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozzy View Post
Do anyone find that excluding gluten, dairy and sugar help your fibro pain?
Anyone on the paleo or ketogenic diet?
I find that adhering to a strict ketogenic diet does indeed lessen my joint and muscle pain.
Not sure about there science behind this, but I do suspect that it's gut related. Maybe fibromyalgia Is a collection of symptoms that Is caused by a leaky gut/dysbiosis of bacteria?
I think DIET effects more illness's than will ever be realized. That said, I have found what may work for me may not work for others.

Along those same thought lines is the good old PLACEBO effect which has had some new studies in prestigious schools and institutions.

So, IMHO I think what works for one may work for another. The beauty of a forum like this is I can tell you what worked for me and if you chose to try it and if you chose to try it and it works for you we have self discovered one more things that helps one more thing and maybe some day soon SPICER will fix everything!
VanGogh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:07 AM #3 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Northernelf is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Elf
State: British Columbia
Diagnosed: 03/2015
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Northernelf is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does diet help?

It's truly trial & error - what works for each individual. IMHO, diet and exercise are very important factors.

I work hard to eat a pretty clean diet - lots of vegetables, fruit, lean meats, grains. I just feel better all around that way (but it is no way a cure) - basically eat food that looks like it is supposed to (no processed stuff). It takes some planning but once you get your kitchen set up, your go to recipes, it's pretty simple. I avoid gluten and have for 15 years, longer than my fibro diagnosis by about 10 years, because it makes me really sick (think - flu). I limit dairy to occasional hard cheese & half & half in my coffee because it causes digestive issues.

I would stress exercise is important too - movement like walking and so forth but also stretching afterwards, full body stretching is so important.

I have not tried keto or paleo - I am fairly active and needs my carbs, I just try to eat complex carbs. It takes some experimentation to find what works for you.
Northernelf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
diet, fibromyalgia, gluten, ketogenic, muscle, muscle pain, pain, symptoms