Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
I ran out of my rx for Amnytriptlane, GOOD NEWS IS.........IM DONE! It was causing weight gain, I had terrible cravings for sweets. It also cause dry mouth and sticky flem. I have a cough right now, but Im sure its Natures way of getting the crap out of my system. Im so happy to have one less pill to take. I take A muscle relaxer on occasion, and a small dose of something for anxiety. Yippie.....

That's great news moe....but don't you have to wean off those things slowly? That is, to avoid coming crashing down emotionally? I'm just a little concerned if you ran out suddenly. I hope you will be ok.

The weight gain/sugar craving side effect is what stops me trying many of the suggested fibro drugs such as anti-depressants. I have heard so many negative things but I could probably do with a good dose of something myself at present.

I really hope you do ok now you have made the leap!
Best of luck.

I have to agree with Peaceandquiet - it is great news, but I do hope that the sudden stop will not cause any discomfort/problems later in the coming days.

I must feel like such a relief to be able to do with one less medication. I'd had to take lots of meds since my teens and Ive always hated it. It was like I was poisoning all the parts of my body the medication was not meant to be for. Whenever I could come off one, I felt empowered and in control again.

All the best!

Ill third that! I cold turkey-ed a couple meds and I don't recommend it. It really shocks your body because it has grown used to it. I also was so happy to get off antidepressants all the side effects and horrible emotions and feelings and less meds to take. I too wish you the best, and hope your body handles the change well, a lot of these meds stay in your system for weeks and even months so it may not seem too bad now but that could change in a few weeks. Good luck and don't forget if you feel bad down the road its probably the meds finally leaving your system.

Thanks for the concerns, so sweet. I was perscribed the Amnytriptoline for sleep. I switched to herbal. :). I get 6 to 8 hrs, on the meds I was sleeping 12 hrs. UGG. To much. And as far as depression, Im normal, I just have periods of sadness because I cant do certian things. I dont need a pill for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back