Old 08-29-2017, 11:46 PM #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

Sagey has a spectacular aura aboutSagey has a spectacular aura aboutSagey has a spectacular aura about
Registered Member
City: Patchogue
State: NY
Diagnosed: 06/2011
Interest: Other
Sagey has a spectacular aura aboutSagey has a spectacular aura aboutSagey has a spectacular aura about
Default "Another Fibro Medication bites the dust"

Hi all,

An article about National Pain dated 7/2017 revealed that,
Three drugs were upcoming for the treatment of Fibro
Unfortunately 2 of them did not pass clinical trials.

TNT-102 and Mirogabilin were found to be ineffective in Fibromyalgia.
IMC1 the third med will go into clinical trails soon.It was a combination of an antiviral and an anti inflammatory.(Famvir and Celebrex)

The Mirogabin was the cousin to Lyrica and was to be better then Lyrica in helping Fibro , but unfortunately it didn't not live up to that.

In the 13 week double blind phase 3 global clinical trials with 3600 patients,the med didn't statistically provide a reduction in the daily average of the worst daily pain score from baseline to week 13.

The research team has been led by Dr.William Pridgen (Innovative med Concepts)from Alabama.He believes that the underlying cause of Fibromyalgia is caused by Herpes simplex.

IMC-1 is still in clinical trials , going into end of phase2.
Let's hope that this medication will be more promising then the other medications.
At least we are seeing a lot of clinical trials that are trying to find a med that works!
Don't give up hope, I know they will find something to help us all.

Have a great day

Sagey
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sagey For This Useful Post:
Destrea (09-08-2017), Lou38 (09-06-2017), vickythecat (08-30-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 03:32 PM #2 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Destrea is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Colorado Springs
State: CO
Diagnosed: 09/2017
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Destrea is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: "Another Fibro Medication bites the dust"

Thank you for posting that. It is great to see research to treat Fibromyalgia. When I was diagnosed I started researching through all types of medical journals and they only thing I have found so far was unsuccessful studies.
Closed Thread

Tags
clinical, daily, drugs, fibromyalgia, herpes, hope, lyrica, medication, medications, men, pain, research, treatment