Old 12-12-2017, 06:34 AM #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

Sagey has a spectacular aura aboutSagey has a spectacular aura aboutSagey has a spectacular aura about
Registered Member
City: Patchogue
State: NY
Diagnosed: 06/2011
Interest: Other
Sagey has a spectacular aura aboutSagey has a spectacular aura aboutSagey has a spectacular aura about
Default Numbness in both feet

]Hi guys,

Has anyone with Fibro experience numb feet continuously.
Mine started 2 weeks ago very numb on the soles of my feet, but hasnít gone away.I donít have Diabetes,í and this is kinda scary because it does affect the wake I walk and sense things.

I had an MRI to make sure my back hasnít gotten worse or my neck.So Iím waiting to hear back on that, but itís just uncomfortable.Im not in much pain but itís stressful to feel this way.

Just wondering if any of u guys had this and what u did about it.

Thanx,

Sagey
Sagey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:28 PM #2 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

1sweed has a spectacular aura about1sweed has a spectacular aura about
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: *****
State: Pennsylvania
Diagnosed: 01/1995
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
1sweed has a spectacular aura about1sweed has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Numbness in both feet

Sometimes a pinched nerve can cause this condition, but also sometimes it just happens and then fades over time. I go through periods where I can't feel the floor under my feet. I know it's there but the feeling for it is gone. Now that I said that I think you should watch the three video post I put in hope and inspiration. The doctor is talking about changes in the brains of people with fibro and that our illness behaves a lot like MS, in terms of nerve messages not getting through to their intended target. I found the video's to be informative and worth listening too.

When I was in Florida, several of my doctors thought I had MS at first because of the come & go symptoms that were so like MS. What do you think?
Sagey (12-18-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 10:46 PM #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

medicmurphy has a spectacular aura aboutmedicmurphy has a spectacular aura about
Registered Member
City: Cochrane
State: Alberta
medicmurphy has a spectacular aura aboutmedicmurphy has a spectacular aura about

I can have numbness to my left hand by my pinky finger. It randomly comes and goes though. Chatted with the Dr but didn’t get any real answers. Chalked it down to FM. I can’t disagree as I have no other symptoms and it’s been going on for years.
medicmurphy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to medicmurphy For This Useful Post:
Sagey (12-18-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 01:13 PM #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

Registered Member
City: Patchogue
State: NY
Diagnosed: 06/2011
Interest: Other

Thanks for the replies,

I have an appt tommorow with my podiatrist, and I also had a lumbar MRI and recent cervical which they will be checking.Itís weird because Iím feeling a little better, and then my feet go numb.

Just canít win lol.
Itís scary though to not feel the soles of your feet.I did read about tarsal tunnel syndrome.Its kinda like carpal tunnel but in the ankle and feet .
So that is why Im seeing the podiatrist, to make sure I can rule that out.Hopefuly the neurosurgeon can look at my MRIs and see if theyíre are any changes that would warrant his attention.

Just have to wait and see and hope this goes away on its own.But now I understand when Diabetics say they canít feel theyíre feet.Its just not a good thing and it can be dangerous if u accidentally step on something sharp and donít feel it.

Iíll keep u guys updated.

Thanx,

Sagey
Sagey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:59 AM #5 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

trenee is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: conway
State: arkansas
Diagnosed: 07/2009
trenee is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=1sweed;300083]Sometimes a pinched nerve can cause this condition, but also sometimes it just happens and then fades over time. I go through periods where I can't feel the floor under my feet. I know it's there but the feeling for it is gone. Now that I said that I think you should watch the three video post I put in hope and inspiration. The doctor is talking about changes in the brains of people with fibro and that our illness behaves a lot like MS, in terms of nerve messages not getting through to their intended target. I found the video's to be informative and worth listening too.

When I was in Florida, several of my doctors thought I had MS at first because of the come & go symptoms that were so like MS. What do you think?[/QUOTE

Good morning!😁I thought I had ms before I was diagnosed withfibro.the symptoms are very similar.thanks for mentioning that.yes I have that numbness too or extreme cramps!it's a bummer when I have to go to the bathroom!lol!
trenee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
back, comfortable, diabetes, feet, mri, neck, pain