Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
There has to be those of us that have by trial and error have found some things to be better than others, as far as what works for you.
I have the super dry skin problem, still looking into what that problem stems from, I "think" there is more going on other than Fibro, but, I have tried every lotion there is. This is what helps me.
Skin so Soft body OIL For my legs. I literally soak it on my legs after shower.
Cocoanut oil for my face, its natural and a little bit goes a long ways.
In the winter I wear alot of Hoodies, they are soft, warm and cheep.
No fashion statement.........But, I would love to upgrade ;) to something a bit more Styleish that doesnt hurt my skin to wear.
Dry Hair, I cant wash my hair every day like I use to, I have to pick the days I have enough energy.
So, on the off days, please what can I do? What do YOU do?
And then there is weight gain. I know exersize more.
Please for those of you who can!,, Please dont tell me just do it. Because every time I do, I injure myself.
For now, Im looking for a good diet proteen drink, because I dont eat much meat anymore.
There we go.

Next.....

I have had dry hair all my life. I could never wash it more than once a week.
I finally realized that my hair always looked and felt the best several days after I had shampooed it.
So, I stopped using shampoo entirely.
Almost immediately my hair started looking and feeling so much better than it ever had before, and the natural wave I hardly even knew I had came out. My hair even grew in a bit thicker than it had ever been.

Your hair does not need shampoo!! It is basically a scam that is perpetrated by the companies who make money, and lots of it, telling people they need something they do not need. Human beings lived for thousands of years without shampoo. Shampoo strips the natural oils from your scalp (even if you use the most mild, "made for dry hair"), and wrecks the natural oil balance. As a result, your scalp creates more oil because it is being stripped, and then your hair gets dirty and you "need" the shampoo. Vicious circle.

What I do now is still only once a week, and during the driest time of the year when it has not rained for a long time I go two weeks. I simply wet my hair down with warm water and give myself a good scalp massage, rinse very well. Then, only because my hair tends to tangle very easily, I put a bit of conditioner on it, just enough that I can run a wide toothed comb through it, and then rinse that off. You may not need the conditioner.

For some people, the first few weeks of no using shampoo results in oily hair. but if you stick it out, your natural oils balance will reassert itself and you will never need shampoo again.
I have known and talked to many people who went "no shampoo". You can even look it up on the internet. Everyone that I have talked to had great success with this.

What you use for body lotion sounds fine. Also try pure, natural, unrefined 100% shea butter. It is better than "skin so soft" because it doesn't contain unnatural chemicals.

Weight loss= eat less/better food, and/or exercise. There's no other way, no magic path.

I can’t comment on dry skin or hair as it’s not something I’ve really been troubled with.

In terms of exercise it’s better to start slowly & build up gradually. If you’re only walking for 10 minutes a day, don’t beat yourself up, it’s 10 minutes more than you were doing yesterday. Swimming is good as the water supports your muscles, I’m really not a fan though so this isn’t something I do. We got a dog in November & it’s the best thing we ever did and takes me out most days. We got a rescue sheepdog who needs a lot of exercise but there are many other breeds who don’t need nearly as much exercise. Another thing is to exercise with someone else, it makes it harder to make up an excuse for not going. Or put on your favourite music to listen to when you’re out, it’s great for motivation. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back